ChaLEAN Extreme

Options

Replies

• melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Extremers! :glasses:

I feel weird when this thread is not at the top of My Topics, so I had to post something!!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day :flowerforyou:
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Push Circuit 2 today - First time through and seemed to go well. Seemed to me like balance was a big factor in this circuit so I'm hoping that helps me achieve a stronger core.
  • shelloli
    Options
    I too amd a HUGE fax of CLX. I have attempted to complete the program two other times, but some medical issues go in the way. Now I am good and my one and only goal is to complete the program. No weight loss goals, no measurement goals, I just want to finish. I am eating well, lots of protien and not a lot of carbs. I still treat myself to eating out and foods that are not great for me. I have found that if I don't I go overboard!

So, congrats to all! It is a great program! :smile:
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi Extremers!
    So, I was going to give a bunch of "shout outs", but then my computer went crazy and deleted my entry...and I'm wayyy too lazy to retype all of that (I hate when that happens!) So, in short- tonight I will do my second Lean phase...and I am excited for the burn in my muscles!! I'm glad to hear you are all enjoying CE and that it is making you sore!!!! I love the soreness, because it means I am doing something right and building more muscle...which will burn more fat!!! Balance is definitely the key- and I'm glad Chalene gives out the reminders to "Keep those abs in!" because it helps me to focus on the whole body. Keeping my abs in has really helped "whittle my middle"!!!! Have a great day ladies! I hope to check back in later!!
  • shelloli
    Options
    I too amd a HUGE fax of CLX. I have attempted to complete the program two other times, but some medical issues go in the way. Now I am good and my one and only goal is to complete the program. No weight loss goals, no measurement goals, I just want to finish. I am eating well, lots of protien and not a lot of carbs. I still treat myself to eating out and foods that are not great for me. I have found that if I don't I go overboard!

So, congrats to all! It is a great program! :smile:

OK, pardon the typos! BTW, I am on Push circut.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    CLX arrived today! I had to leave for work before the UPS guy came, but knew I was meeting my husband for lunch (he worked from home today). So, I called him and asked him to bring the package to lunch if it arrived...and it did. So, instead of working for the last two hours, I have watched the guide video, the kitchen clean out video and the entire burn circuit 1 :happy: I copied the progress trackers and schedules from the book and put together a folder for tracking everything....Now I'm raring to go!
  • ZeldaCat
    Options
    Hey guys,

I have kind of had a bad day and I am disappointed in myself - I stayed home from work because I did not feel good and had a big English paper to write....so I resorted to eating terribly all day and not exercising...UGH! Oh well, I just have to get my act together now and reading all your comments is totally helping, thanks!

YogaRunner - CONGRATS!! How exciting, I love getting packages, especially that kind! Good luck, I am sure you will love it.

shelloli - Welcome to our thread, feel free to write on here anytime!

Dawna - You are so inspiration to me, thanks! I hope I can get back on track and work out and eat like you :smile:
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    CLX arrived today! I had to leave for work before the UPS guy came, but knew I was meeting my husband for lunch (he worked from home today). So, I called him and asked him to bring the package to lunch if it arrived...and it did. So, instead of working for the last two hours, I have watched the guide video, the kitchen clean out video and the entire burn circuit 1 :happy: I copied the progress trackers and schedules from the book and put together a folder for tracking everything....Now I'm raring to go!

I received mine yesterday and I'm so excited to take a look at it tonight. Oh...I can't wait - it's like Christmas. I think I have decided to do a mix of exercises from the time I finish P90X until I get back from Mexico. I want to start fresh with ChaLean. I'm just going to really mix it up for 3 weeks and hopefully see some results for that. I think that's the key. I may even just stick to my P90X workouts for those 3 weeks.

I really want to make sure I do it right so I'll have a few weeks to get ready!
  • jenstalder
    Options
    Got my CE today.. i love it already.. my legs hurt but it was great to get it.. went to wowy and added it to my workout calendar and so no excuses when i log on..
    :bigsmile:
    It was so exciting.. cant wait to start feeling and see the results... It made me feel so good to finally start.. I usually only take one day off a week so i will probably do turbo on one of the days of rest.. even more results.. who knows. i might go ahead and yoga p90x.. could use 1.5 hours of yoga... will help me get flexible... :blushing:

Any way tracked my food an excersice and feel good about myself...
    see you tomorrow.
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm just a couple of days away from completing the Burn Circuit.

I think I actually saw a muscle pop up :)

Doug
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    First workout done! I loved it. Now I just need to figure out my weights a bit better, but I'm sure that will come with practice. I was conservative since this was the first day and I'm not quite clear on all the moves. It was nice to realize some of my strengths. When I watched them do the legs up at 90 degrees with the band on and the weights in their hands lying on their backs (I forget the name) I thought there was no way I could do that. But I did it and it wasn't as hard as I thought! What a great feeling. Now I need to go buy some 6, 7, 8 pound weights because my set is either 5pounds or 10 and up, nothing in between.
    Any recommendations? Have a great day everyone.
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    One question for everyone...I'm not sure how to calculate my calories burned for CLX. Any suggestions? I don't have a bodybugg (its on the birthday wish list) :wink: I do have a Garmin that I use for running and biking, but I don't think it works for weight lifting.
    thanks
  • melissaovadare
    melissaovadare Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! I am out of commision today.....I was so sick last night:sad: , I went to bed at 6pm...My son is sick, and I swear my dog is too:smile: ...the three of us are laying around:yawn: !!!

I have had so many setbacks :mad: and I finally get to buy my weights this weekend (so many bills due in the last 2 wks) and get to start it Monday ......FINALLY!!!!!!!!

Everybody is doing great, and I hope to talk to you guys soon!! :love:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    FedEx Tracking says my weights I ordered are on my front porch! :love:
    Which is good since I didn't get a chance to work out last night... had a Dr. appt after work and it was 8pm by the time I got home, still had to eat, etc.

Risa - I really don't know the "real" answer either... I just put 30 min of strength training in - I know that's probably not correct, but it was my best guess. LOL!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    First workout done! I loved it. Now I just need to figure out my weights a bit better, but I'm sure that will come with practice. I was conservative since this was the first day and I'm not quite clear on all the moves. It was nice to realize some of my strengths. When I watched them do the legs up at 90 degrees with the band on and the weights in their hands lying on their backs (I forget the name) I thought there was no way I could do that. But I did it and it wasn't as hard as I thought! What a great feeling. Now I need to go buy some 6, 7, 8 pound weights because my set is either 5pounds or 10 and up, nothing in between.
    Any recommendations? Have a great day everyone.

As far as weights go for ChaLean Extreme...I use the following (5,8,10,15,20). In the BURN phase I used 5,8,10...PUSH phase I used 10,15,20 primarily....and LEAN phase I am using all of the weights. Make sure you are pushing yourself to Go Heavy! You'll be suprised at how much muscle you will build. I don't know if I'd buy weights in increments of 1 pound (6,7,8), rather I would go 2-3 pound increments 5, 8,10,12,15,20 ...you'll be suprised at how much you'll increase your weights!! Just a suggestion :)
    One question for everyone...I'm not sure how to calculate my calories burned for CLX. Any suggestions? I don't have a bodybugg (its on the birthday wish list) I do have a Garmin that I use for running and biking, but I don't think it works for weight lifting.
    thanks

I use my HRM (Polar F4) to calculate calories during weight lifting, because it varies day to day. Once my body is accustomed to the workout I burn less. But, I have burned anywhere between 150 calories to 450 doing ChaLean. And it all depends on the day, how much I am lifting, if I have done the workout before, or if I am doing exercises with both arms & legs combined, etc. It is so varied day-to-day that if I didn't have a HRM I would estimate low, unless you aren't afriad of going over your calories. But, thats just my opinion. good luck! :)
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    Hi Extremers!
    Last night I was able to do my Turbo Kick Routine and then I did LEAN circuit 2. I was dying by the end of the circuit-- we definitely do new moves in the LEAN phase and it has been confusing to my body to do longer reps (compared to less reps in the BURN phase). But, I love tricking my body! More results!! :) Yaye! Tonight I am going to do my running. I haven't been as great at getting my runs in during the week...been down to about 2 per week , but oh well I like varying my exercises up a bit more. I've been adding the Burn Interval in place of 1 run during the week. Hope you all have a great day!
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Brangwen and KicklikeaGIRL: Thanks for the advice. It is very helpful! I just ran out and got a set of 8lb weights. I think that will help me bridge the 5-10 range that I have with my adjustable dumb bells. Next CLX workout, I will go heavier than the first one. Tonight I hope to get to my Bikram yoga class and tomorrow morning a run at the gym...all before a big snowstorm that is expected here. I may be cooped up in the house for days, but I'll be able to get my workouts in now that CLX is here :-)
  • immacookie
    Options
    Quick question for the runners here... I think I may have overdone it the other night on my C25K run, for the last couple of days the inside of both of my knees have been "achey". Not really pain, just sore and stiff I guess.

Any thoughts on what I might have done... or just too much too soon and I need to let it rest for a bit?

• gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Quick question for the runners here... I think I may have overdone it the other night on my C25K run, for the last couple of days the inside of both of my knees have been "achey". Not really pain, just sore and stiff I guess.

Any thoughts on what I might have done... or just too much too soon and I need to let it rest for a bit?

Is it the lower part of your knee (below knee cap and on the inside). If so maybe sounds a little like runner's knee. I get that often and have it a bit right now. Sometimes mine is just below the knee cap and sometimes down and on the inside. I typically get it after I increase my mileage too quickly.

I would say take it easy for a few days! Ice if you can and take some kind of anti-inflammatory.

Is your name Gwen? That's mine name - not too many Gwen's out there :smile:
  • immacookie
    Options
    Is it the lower part of your knee (below knee cap and on the inside). If so maybe sounds a little like runner's knee. I get that often and have it a bit right now. Sometimes mine is just below the knee cap and sometimes down and on the inside. I typically get it after I increase my mileage too quickly.

I would say take it easy for a few days! Ice if you can and take some kind of anti-inflammatory.

Is your name Gwen? That's mine name - not too many Gwen's out there :smile:

Yes, that location and also directly beside my kneecap on the inner knee (I sit a lot at work, I tend to notice it when I get up). I was taking aleve, but forgot today (oops). I'm going to do CE tonight, so probably take it easy on the squats too I'm guessing.

No my name is actually Amy - the "brangwen" is a rather geeky story (after a character in a series of fantasy books), it was my D&D name in high school. :laugh:
    It's rarely taken as a username, so I've kept it around all these years. :wink: