NSV - huge for me

Options
CJisinShape
CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
I was once so large I didn't know what size I was - somewhere between 2x and 3x. I wore long skirts that stretched with my huge pregnant body. I'd take my kids to the park, and people would ask me if they were my grandchildren. I got this constantly, and it made me sad and sometimes angry. I thought it was the clothes, but I changed my look and still got the grandma comments. I suppose I'm a little old to have such young kids - I'm in my 30's - some of our friends have teens - our oldest is 5, but still. This REALLY bothered me.

Lately men have been staring and making comments for a while now, so I knew I was looking better. But, a woman told me the other day - "Your daughter is gorgeous. She looks just like you." I'm so grateful to God for changing me for the better!

Replies

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    That's a brilliant NSV - and you're defo not to old to have kids that age.

And you changed yourself - no-one else, so make sure you take the credit. :happy:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    So cool
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! I agree that you are not too old to have young kids. I'm in my early 30's with a 10 year old and a 22 month old. My oldest brother is and his wife are expecting their first in their late 30's!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You're just the right age to have the children you have. : D Congrats on the great NSV... keep going and doin' what you're doin... it's working!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for sharing! :-)
  • michellevine1
    michellevine1 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    :) I am sure that made you feel so good. Thanks for sharing! Best of luck w/your journey. Sounds like you are off to a great start!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!