Super size me

Options

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Any time I want to cut something out of our diet at home I have my boys watch some nasty documentary about it. Usually I am begged never to buy it again! Supersize me worked for McDonalds but then they wanted BK! UGH Facepalm!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my indulgence of McD's yesterday is responsible for my liquid poos today. :/
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Very informative.
    As was Food Inc!!
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Options
    Man I feel horrible, the only affect that movie had on me was hating it because it took away the super size (McDonalds), king size (bk), biggie size (Wendy's) and of course my favorite, the McDonalds bucket of fries....... Damn fast food, taste so hours but its so bad. admit I have had fast food at least once a week since I've started to TRY to eat better
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    It was very bias, manipulative, and deceptive... But when you're selling a concept people already want to believe in, you'll almost always get positive reviews.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I typically hate fast food but after watching that movie I just CRAVED fast food like a mofo. Went out and gobbled down a bunch of white castle burgers!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    It was very bias, manipulative, and deceptive... But when you're selling a concept people already want to believe in, you'll almost always get positive reviews.

This is the correct answer.
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's an interesting documentary, but if you eat the same thing of anything for a whole month, you're gonna get sick, so I'm not sure what it was trying to prove.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options

This is the correct answer.

I concur.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have not watched TV for over 20 years. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

Ya know...I never believe people that say this. But, I suppose that says more about me than you.

I have heard people say this, then I get to know them, and I find out that they are full of crap. It's kind of a very snotty thing to say, as if people that watch TV are below you. Again, I'm not directing at you, but more at people that say this out of trying to be too cool or something.

I wont get into that read book and never watch tv. That's like a double whammy. Oh, I never watch tv, I only read. I'm sooo much smarter than you are. LOL. Yeah, ok. Sure.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's an interesting documentary, but if you eat the same thing of anything for a whole month, you're gonna get sick, so I'm not sure what it was trying to prove.

This exactly. I guess it's important for those people who were supersizing three meals a day. But for the rest of us, a fast food meal here or there isn't going to hurt you.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    The whole "30 day" series is on Netflix. I've been watching it here and there. Some of it's interesting...some of it is crap (they had this one guy shoot steroids and growth hormones for a month...like I couldn't predict the outcome of that. Yea...the guy didn't even make it 30 days before his body started shutting down).

The last time I ate at McDonalds was a month or two ago. I had a big mac. It did not agree with me and I spent a good two days off and on the toilet.

Funny how our bodies change once we start giving it the real fuel it needs. I'm craving an orange right now.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I eat McDonald's about twice a year, usually after a long cross-country hike when a shoe would be tasty. Taco Bell is my go-to meal when I want to feel dirty. I can have my nachos and double decker tacos and I'm in my happy place. At least until the next morning.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options

Ya know...I never believe people that say this. But, I suppose that says more about me than you.

I have heard people say this, then I get to know them, and I find out that they are full of crap. It's kind of a very snotty thing to say, as if people that watch TV are below you. Again, I'm not directing at you, but more at people that say this out of trying to be too cool or something.

I wont get into that read book and never watch tv. That's like a double whammy. Oh, I never watch tv, I only read. I'm sooo much smarter than you are. LOL. Yeah, ok. Sure.

:flowerforyou: Thank you. There was a "who actually has TIME to watch TV??????" comment in the What Fall TV Shows Are You Excited For thread. It's so annoying. If you don't have time or you just don't watch TV for whatever reason, fine, but don't go around bragging about it like you're so above everyone who does.
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    McDonald's was easy to give up....now Taco Bell is a different story, NEVER!

^^AMEN, sister!!!
  • rubyautumn4
    rubyautumn4 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I saw that a few years ago and didn't go near a fast food burger place for like two years! Maybe I should watch it again....
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Thank you. There was a "who actually has TIME to watch TV??????" comment in the What Fall TV Shows Are You Excited For thread. It's so annoying. If you don't have time or you just don't watch TV for whatever reason, fine, but don't go around bragging about it like you're so above everyone who does.

If you have time to chat on internet threads, you have time to watch tv.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

Don't worry, I make up for you and a few others.
  • BrittanyBooker08
    Options
    Hey i see you have the insanity logo on your weight loss tracker! When i try and log my exercise and input insanity it wont show up! how do you log yours?:huh:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options

agreed, why bother commenting ....very annoying