List your favorites from Aldi here!

Options
13»

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Everything Fit and Active but the Turkey Dogs. Especially the Chocolate Fudge Pops and my new fav the 14 calorie cream/popcicles.

I honestly don't think I've ever bought anything that I've hated (other than the Turkey Dogs). Their produce is awesome. I ALWAYS have a bag of their Ice Glazed Chicken Tenders in my freezer. Their frozen fish and shrimp are really good. Their Greek Yogurt is great.

Enjoy exploring! And if you do buy something you hate or is bad, return it for your money back!
  • Drastiic
    Drastiic Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Millville Fiber Now Chewy Bars Oats & Peanut Butter - 1 bar has 10 g of FIBER!!!! and they taste really good.

The Fit & Active cereal is pretty good too.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I just shopped there today! I got so much lean meat (bag of chicken breast, turkey tenderloin for crockpot, pork tenderloin for crockpot, steak, lean beef, pork chops) a ton of produce...yogurt, protein bars....

...they really are great!

I saw somebody mention they get almond milk from there...I have never seen it! Did they just recently start carrying it?
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I love their fat free milk, light string cheese, Fage 0% greek yogurt, and fish sticks (my vice). I haven't had anything else bad from there either.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My dad used to be a district manager at Aldi when I was growing up.. everything in our kitchen was from there!
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    Good news and bad: Aldi is GREAT for fresh dairy, fruits, veggies, frozen seafood, and that wide range of non-food seasons stuff they get in (i.e., plants, outdoor furniture, toys, cake decor).

BUT...most of their canned, processed, boxed, and even fresh meat/deli foods are high in salt, sugar, fats (the hydrogenated ones), and calories - the reason why your grocery bill is less is because they use cheaper (read: less healthy) ingredients. Be sure to read your labels, even on frozen foods you wouldn't imagine would have additional ingredients.

You have to read the package on anything regardless of where you shop. So that in itself is not a reason to discount Aldi in my book.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    their chicken cordon bleu
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Aldis is good but don't buy too much produce as some things turn fast
  • toomuchsweetness
    toomuchsweetness Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    It's easier to list the things I do not like from Aldi's. I don't care for their cheese or their mac n cheese. Everything else I've had is just as good, and a lot of times, better than other stores/brands. Just recently tried greek yogurt. I went to walmart to get cheese and grabbed a few flavors to try. Then I went to Aldi's and grabbed the two flavors they had. I have now tried one from both and the Aldi's brand is much better than the Chobani or whatever brand from Walmart.
    my kids are mac n cz freaks, but we buy ours at save a lot... they like it better than kraft! and is only 50 cents a box.
  • JessieSunshine81
    Options
    I love the fruits and veggies, and the fit and active stuff.. I also love the nuts and dried fruit.. the dairy section is great.. I like the chicken and the ground meat.. the only thing I dnt like is the cereals, potato chips or mac and cheese.. and relaly I don't eat those anymore anyway. As far as healthy stuff.. i like it.. :)
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I haven't been to Aldi's but in the flyers, the fruit and veggies always seem so cheap. Can anyone please weigh in on the quality of the produce? Thanks!

It is sometimes good sometimes bad. I usually just take the Aldi ad to Wal-Mart and have them price match it because our WM has better seleciton than the Aldi's.
  • danaweston
    Options
    Right on Sister
    I've been shopping at Aldi for about a year now. The chain recently came to Texas where I live. I find it very charming as well as semi good to the environment ( rented carts at .25 so they do not end up in the alley, bring your own bags to take purchase away, cash or debit card )
    The store is small. It is like a neighborhood market. There will be only 5 isles. Where in the normal mega chain stores you will find 15 choices of ketchup, in the Aldi store ,there will be one choice of kind and size. This makes shopping very fast. Emealz.com has great meal plans that are designed for the Aldi store ( other stores as well ) I subscribe to the Clean Eating for 2 Plan and I can find almost everything for my plan at the Aldi store. This is a huge time saver and after many months, the meals are great.
    As for the produce, I find the fruit and vegetables are good. Berries, apples, and citrus are good and priced great.
    The coffee under the label Donut Store Coffee is as good as any. I like the sugar free creamer in the dairy case (vanilla ) Bye bye Starbucks. Roasted Almonds ( to the right when you first walk in ) are amazing. I buy the skinless boneless frozen chicken bst and the hamburger meat. Tonight we are having marinated tenderized beef cutlets with avocado and grapefruit salad. I am on a budget and my grocery bill has been cut in half at least. Laundry soap and dog food OK too.
    Have fun :smile:
  • MelBel53
    MelBel53 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tried a jar of red roasted peppers and wish I had bought more. By the time I went back they were gone--I guess it was a seasonal item. It was great on pizza and normally pricey. Watch the ingredients though if you care about avoiding bad stuff. Their brand of "natural" peanut butter has hydrogenated oil as the second ingredient. can't beat the prices though
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My hubby will only eat their spaghetti sauce. I like their egg substitute, frozen shrimp, light broth, and sometimes their fruits and veggies. I am really picky about my fresh F&V's looking perfect.
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention, if anyone is lactose intollerant, aldi just started carrying lactose free milk and it is about $2 cheaper than the lactaid or Dean's easy brands that you find in the regular stores.
  • ars1300
    ars1300 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Eggs
    Frozen Tilapia and shrimp
    Quick Oats
    Frozen Steam bags of broccoli
    Veggies, Fruit
    Roasted Rep pepper Hummus

A little disapointed they dont seem to have the Flavored Tuna packs and Microwavable Rice packs any longer
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I do almost all of my shopping at Aldi. I think they have great products, great quality and the service is always outstanding. Back in the day, I would have never bought my produce and meat from Aldi. It just didn't seem as good. But today, I stopped into a farmer's market to buy some fruit. It was complete garbage and there were bugs everywhere. The blueberries were just loaded with bugs. Disgusting. I have been buying most of my fruit lately at Aldi and the quality is outstanding. I bought some strawberries there today. You should see these things! They are HUGE! One of the best frozen pizzas I've ever had was their limited edition Quattro Formaggio. Holy mother of god was that thing amazing. Their L.E. spinach, tomato and goat cheese pizza was amazing as well!
  • Spamee
    Spamee Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Glad to find this thread...I have shopped there for over 5 years...My favorite item is their sugar free red thunder.
    String cheese is the best.
    I buy almost all my produce there.
    I will have to try their spagetti sauce.
    I am out of peanut butter...so will be trying that too.