Looking for motivating friends

Options
Hi everyone!

In high school and most of college, I was at a reasonable and healthy weight. I have an hourglass figure and I'm fairly tall so fortunately the weight didn't show as much on me. Unfortunately, however, is that by the time the weight was showing and I became fed up I was already way too heavy for my own good. I'm trying to lose weight for a healthy future but more importantly I'm trying to lose in order to be at a healthy weight for my first pregnancy which my husband and I are planning for in the somewhat near future. I'm only 24, there's no excuse to be the "pretty but fat" girl and I certainly don't want to be pregnant with people wondering if I'm just fat... or even worse, not showing that I'm pregnant until I'm 6 or 7 months! I want to be the cute pregnant woman with the growing baby bump that's visible before it becomes a baby hill. lol

I'm looking for friends to help motivate me and visa versa. I've lost 9 pounds as of today in a matter of about 3 weeks. My goal is to lose another 60 pounds or more in the next 6 months. This puts me at a weight loss of anywhere from 8 to 10 pounds per month.

No crazy diets, no special shakes... just common sense, calorie counting, trying to eat the right kind of calories, and consistent and challenging exercise.

Replies

• Klovely11
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome plan! Good luck!!
    -diets are bad!! :)
  • madanvineet
    Options
    way to go...
    good luck for your goals and feel free to add me...
  • redwan2001
    redwan2001 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean weight is a constant struggle, my family and friends keep me focus. I have been over weight pretty much all my life a few years ago I weighed 350lbs I am at 171lbs and still pushing. So if I can do it girl,so can you :) Keep it pushing :) If you need an extra buddy feel free to add me :)

Nadia
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Feel free to add me! I'm on daily!
  • SP2Bfit
    SP2Bfit Posts: 114
    Options
    your plan is the way I lost my weight around 40 pounds in a 6 month period....I was in maintenance for few months and did well but then put back on a few pounds...I am one pound away from the top of my goal weight range and appreciate connecting with other people who are losing through healthy eating with portion control and increased activity/exercise. Best of luck!
  • wluyando
    wluyando Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    sounds like you are right on track, I just send you a friend request !!! =)
  • AmandaTheNewMe
    AmandaTheNewMe Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    very nice, keep up the great work it pays off. feel free to add me
  • tmj2191
    Options
    Welcome,

Like your attitude when it comes to just being simple and doing it right without the fancy tricks. Feel free to add, glad to have more motivational people!
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    Just know your got this!
  • TinaK_64
    Options
    Sounds like you have the right idea! It will be so important to be health when you get pregnant and by starting good habits now, you should be able to acrry those good habits thru your pregnancy as well. Feel free to add me if you like. I have a long journey myself and am always looking for support and motivation too. Good Luck on your journey!!