Read this before buying futbit

Options
2»

Replies

• CLynch309
    CLynch309 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The new one appears to ,ore like a standard pedometer -- no stairs or sleep data. I'd miss that! Plus, although I get sweaty, I rarely get wet -- it never rains in Southern California.The only time my FitBit got wet was that unfortunate toilet oops incident, but quick rescue and the rice trick and back to normal...

FWIW, I've had a FitBit Ultra since beginning of January of this year. Would not have been anywhere near as successful without it. Knowing how much I'm burning really helps keep me on track with how much Keeping score helps!!! And it makes me compete with myself and my FitBit-using pals. I love hitting milestones, creating new records for myself.
  • cathooo
    cathooo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing a functional difference between One and Ultra. Anyone see it??

Vibrating alarm, Bluetooth (hooray! No more can-only-sync-through-base-station!), water-resistant case.

Might be enough for me to upgrade to the One.
  • MsAmandasFITBOUND
    Options
    If you purchased within 30 days they will exchange it for a different model. I just bought the ZIP since there's no need for me to track my sleep.
  • laureltn
    laureltn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    The new one appears to ,ore like a standard pedometer -- no stairs or sleep data. I'd miss that! Plus, although I get sweaty, I rarely get wet -- it never rains in Southern California.The only time my FitBit got wet was that unfortunate toilet oops incident, but quick rescue and the rice trick and back to normal...

FWIW, I've had a FitBit Ultra since beginning of January of this year. Would not have been anywhere near as successful without it. Knowing how much I'm burning really helps keep me on track with how much Keeping score helps!!! And it makes me compete with myself and my FitBit-using pals. I love hitting milestones, creating new records for myself.

There's two versions in discussion -- the ZIP is the lower-priced lower-feature model. The ONE is the "upgraded" Ultra. Zip would be great to buy for my daughter and see if she really is serious about a Fitbit. :)
  • keeleen
    Options
    There are actually 2 new fitbit devices coming out. The Zip and the FitBit One.

The zip is a lesser version that just measures your steps, distance, and calories burned. It does not measure stairs or your sleep. But it will sync with Bluetooth. It uses the watch battery that is said to last 4 - 6 months, so therefore you don't have to charge it. And it is supposed to be water resistant.

FitBit One has all the same features as the FitBit ultra, in that it measures steps, distance, calories burned, stairs climbed, and hours slept. Now it has a silent vibrating alarm to wake you from sleep. It not only measures how long you slept, but it is also supposed to measure the quality of your sleep, ie. light sleep, deep sleep, awake. It will also sync with your phone, (certain models only) through Bluetooth. You can pre-order these now, they aren't out yet though.

It's all on their website, or if you're like me and get their emails, they should have emailed you with all these details.

Like all fun gadgets, as soon as you buy one, they come out with an even better version! :smile:
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I saw that they've just been released on thier website... i'll stick with my fitbit ultra but i may get one for my mum as she was interested in a fitbit espically for the sleeping bit
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    Absofrigginlutely. I am buying the Fitbit One as soon as it is available. On a side note, one slightly used Fitbit Ultra for sale cheap