How do I curb the CHOCOLATE cravings

Options
I am having the worst time with staying away from chocolate. I manage to stay under my calories for the day by doing extra exercises to earn extra calories but it seems all I'm eating is junk food. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some yummy/healthy food substitutes for chocolate. I have tried the sugar free chocolates and the carabo (fake) chocolates but I am not fond of either of them. If there is anyone out there that has struggled with this craving and beat it, I would love to hear how you did it. I'M ALL EARS!!!

Replies

• stacy74rue
    Options
    I know the feeling all too well lol. What i do when i crave chocolate now is have a glass of the dark chocolate silk milk. It takes the edge off for me and it is healthy for me.
  • jrmynt
    Options
    How about buying a chocolate scented candle? It fools your mind because your are inhaling the scent.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Eat little bit.
  • wendygutie
    wendygutie Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate.... try and have snacks like the granola chocolate thin, or the fiber one brownie, or even cereals that have chocolate in them ... well one serving of it, not a whole bowl....plenty of chocolate alternatives. I have snack size or bite size chocolates once in a while. The kix, I will put in the freezer for when I do want one, it takes me longer to eat it...
  • kkjjll
    Options
    I am having the worst time with staying away from chocolate. I manage to stay under my calories for the day by doing extra exercises to earn extra calories but it seems all I'm eating is junk food. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on some yummy/healthy food substitutes for chocolate. I have tried the sugar free chocolates and the carabo (fake) chocolates but I am not fond of either of them. If there is anyone out there that has struggled with this craving and beat it, I would love to hear how you did it. I'M ALL EARS!!!

i actually just made my own chocolates very healthy, here's the recipe if you'd like to try
    4-5 Tbsp raw cacao powder
    1-2 Tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
    4 Tbsp raw organic unpasteurized honey
    4-5 Tbsp organic tahiini
    1/2 tsp powdered kelp
    1 pinch of himalayan sea salt
    then you can add anything you like for example
    2-3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
    2-3 Tbsp sunflower seeds (optional) i added crushed walnuts tonight and hemp seed
    blend oil and cacao with a fork, add all other ingredients, mix till snooth, put on parchment paper on a plate, drop by tsp, put in freezer for 10 minutes then they are done... makes about 2 dozen.. keep either in freezer/fridge.... so healthy and will satisfy your craving!!! only takes a few minutes to make... 5-10 tops..... enjoy..... karen :)
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate! Seriously. Get dark chocolate and allow yourself room for a little bit. give in to the craving!
  • tobypeas
    Options
    :tongue: I eat the Emerald cocoa roasted almonds.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Personally, if I'm craving chocolate, I eat some chocolate. I keep a bar of really good, really dark, chocolate in the cabinet and I just eat a small piece of it if that's what I'm in the mood for.
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Eat the chocolate but not the whole bar. Have a few squares. The rest is overkill from that point anyway.
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options

Eat chocolate - yes. Get some chocolate syrup sugar free, I love the dark cholocate almonds, try fat free chocolate pudding. You do not have to give it up just change the way you get your source.
  • sionnain
    Options
    I just blended 6.5 oz of chocolate almond milk with a scoop of protein powder and ice, and it was so yummy and I don't need anything else sweet the rest of the night. i also keep dark chocolate squares in my freezer if I really want a bite of chocolate. :)
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Those are sooooooo delicious and satisfying :happy:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Don't buy it ..sounds simple but if it is in your house or desk at work then you will more than likely eat it...I know that is how I am. So I just make sure that I do not have any junk food in my house or at my work desk....fresh blue diamond almonds actually taste really freaking good now...they are my candy!
  • muamontreal
    muamontreal Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I keep a dark chocolate bar in my house and I eat 1 square per day everyday :bigsmile:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I just blended 6.5 oz of chocolate almond milk with a scoop of protein powder and ice, and it was so yummy and I don't need anything else sweet the rest of the night. i also keep dark chocolate squares in my freezer if I really want a bite of chocolate. :)

this too..I freaking love chocolate protein powder its like a milkshake....but healthy!
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    fit it into your calorie target
  • lyndyb88
    lyndyb88 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

This! These are delicious! and you get all the flavor of chocolate in a neat little 100 calorie pack of nuts
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge sweets fan. I have something sweet every day and have lost over 30 lbs. Let yourself have something small each day! Check out the Skinny Cow desserts/bars/clusters! :)
  • Star719
    Star719 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep....I agree with the previous posters. Eat some chocolate. Denying yourself only makes you crave it more.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Keep bite sized individually wrapped dark chocolate and allow 1 or 2 pieces. I get mine from Aldi, in the red bag. They're delicious, and only 46 calories per piece. Usually one does it. Let it melt slowly. :)