How do I curb the CHOCOLATE cravings

Options

Replies

• kateroisin
    Options
    Either have a few squares of chocolate or try a piece of whole wheat toast with some Nutella, which makes a very filling snack or breakfast. There are 100 calories per tablespoon of Nutella and I find that one tablespoon is just enough for one piece of toast.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    I eat a square or two everyday too. Dark, organic, 85%. Sweet Riot brand is my favorite but I like the Righteously Raw 83% too (and those come in single serving packs if having an open bar is a problem.) I also do a "smoothie" with raw cacao powder, banana, hemp, almonds, and almond milk. I love chocolate.
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I mix 6 oz f/f greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder and 1 tbs of hershey special dark cocoa powder and chocolate pudding yum. high in protein and very yummy. I add some peanut butter some times for a reeces cup pudding.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate! Seriously. Get dark chocolate and allow yourself room for a little bit. give in to the craving!

^^ this! 2 squares of dark chocolate are chock full of antioxidants and will curb the craving and leave you feeling satisfied. I was never a fan of dark chocolate till I started eating healthy and learned of the benefits of dark chocolate. I now prefer it over milk chocolate, which has redefined my lifelong love affair with Hershey's bars and Reese cups lol
  • addaline22
    Options
    look up Black Dinah Chocolates. eat half a one per evening. feel heaven. its all about self control. apples help.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    i crave it all the time...

i get Baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, melt them down with butter and some splenda just enough to sweeten it then i drizzle that over some low carb fat free brownie 'fudge' that i concoct at home...lol its weird but sooooo tasty!!!!!!!!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Just eat the chocolate. Buy bags of the little hersheys minis like mini Reese cups or mini Hershey bars and limit yourself to just one or two... it's amazing when you log calories you'll even count little things like. I can't say i've had a chocolate craving per se, but I dont limit myself, I eat a little bit of chocolate pretty much every day.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I found that my chocolate cravings were related to a magnesium deficiency. Try come magnesium citrate and see if it helps.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I drink chocolate tea
  • lynnmariestan1
    lynnmariestan1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The people on here who say "just have a little bit" must not be sugar addicts. Otherwise, that advice is like saying to an alcoholic "just have a drink or two and then quit". I like the chocolate almond milk suggestions, and the chocolate covered almonds, and the person with the homeade chocolate recipe. But really, if I could stop at one square of chocolate, I wouldnt be trying to lose 80 pounds for my entire life. :)
  • sassyt1206
    Options
    trader joes 100 cal chocolate bars, reese's cup snack pack one is only 80 cals, even ritter sport dark chocolate with hazlenut 3 squares is 110 cals....
  • fittertanme
    fittertanme Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    you can have chocolate as long as you dont eat the whole bar or every day remember that this is a diet/lifestye change and if you done ad verity to it then you will lose interest and go backe to eating lots again
  • LaurenLite
    Options
    Lindt 90% cocoa is delish and GOOD for you. At aout 57 calories a square, it contains more antioxidants than four plums. So enjoy your square of chocolate (break it in pieces for small treats throughout the day).
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I eat 100 cal chocolate bars, chocolate pudding, chocolate protein powder, chocolate almond milk, chocolate granola, chocolate protein bars, I figure all of these are healthy and fit within my daily calorie allowance, I believe in moderation. You want chocolate eat it.
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I too love chocolate. I buy Kelloggs Chocolate mini bites,put them in a bowl,or baggie,and munch on them,or add skim milk.
  • Michellereducf
    Michellereducf Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Junk food and chocolate are 2 different things. Just takes self-control and desire to want to get in shape.
  • pinkcowss
    pinkcowss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I use to eat a candy bar alomst everyday. I stoped eating any Chol at all when I went on my diet. Even the fake Chol ect. Iv been on my diet a month now and I no longer have cravings for Choc or even soft drinks for that matter. The longer u go without them the easyer it gets day by day.Make sure you keep your house clean of them and buy alot of healthy snacks. If your craving Choc go for some grapes or fruit that u rle like.
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My sitter saw a Dr. Oz show one afternoon, and in it he was talking about the Green Coffee Bean. We both tried it and noticed that are cravings for anything sugary like chocolate seemed to vanish. I'm still taking the extract, and I consider it a help in my quest to lose 85 pounds (I've lost 20 of them so far after three months). I ordered the extract through bestpricenutrition.com. Good luck!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    If I want chocolate, I usually have chocolate.. I try not to deprive myself.. But, if you like yogurt.. Yoplait has a whipped chocolate mousse yogurt that is SO good and satisfying if you're craving something sweet.
  • skt001
    skt001 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack is an ounce of dry roasted peanuts with an ounce of chocolate chips. It takes the edge off for sweet and salty, plus the protein fills me up.