Wight traing DVD'S-HELP

Options
Does any one know of a good weight training DVD with hand weights? I am unable to go to a gym at this time an want to start strength training...has to be with hand weights as that is all I have....any suggestions

Replies

• Jeaniece1
    Jeaniece1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Chalean extreme from Beachbody is pretty decent. I use those when I can't get to the gym.
  • karabff
    Options
    Thanks I will look it up now
  • sbrunskill
    Options
    P90X is good. I use it and just omit the pull up section since I don't have a pull up bar.
  • karabff
    Options
    I have this program an the 10 minue one I am just not at that point physically yet ( I plan on getting there) I am looking for something for a beginner who can barley life 5 pds. Usana use to have one yrs ago but I haven't been able to find anything like it. I am doing 10 minute solutions now but need something that does a little more
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, and the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout. Those are the only 2 I have that use hand weights.
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    If looking for a true starter workout for a beginner such as yourself, she goes through the basic moves, proper form, and a routine of 12 exercises to do with hand weights. You can find the VHS dirt cheap (like $5 to $7), the DVD, you'll have to buy used (around $30) because it has gone out of print and the new ones that are still out there are outrageously priced. <g> It's usually on amazon and some libraries have it.

51RKA6DQK5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Shaping-Up-With-Weights-Dummies/dp/B0006GAORC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347895256&sr=8-1&keywords=Shaping+up+with+weights+for+dummies+Andrea+Ambandos.
  • karabff
    Options
    thanks just ordered it
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    thanks just ordered it

Glad to help. Please send me a message later to let me know how it works out for you. I think it'll be just what you were looking for.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Is there really such a thing as a weight lifting DVD? The only thing I've seen is by Joe DeFranco, everything else (P90, Chalean, etc) are cardio videos that incorporate weights.
  • Gradia12
    Options
    The firm is a good one for women....I use to do the workouts and it was pretty good. Good luck.
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Is there really such a thing as a weight lifting DVD? The only thing I've seen is by Joe DeFranco, everything else (P90, Chalean, etc) are cardio videos that incorporate weights.

Yes, the one I posted. It is NOT a cardio video. It uses light weights as it is for beginners and teaches form and movement. It encourages you to increase weight when it becomes too easy.

Here is a clip from the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWELTHWaKk

As you can see, she instructs on form and position for weight lifting with hand weights. It's why the video is so popular even though it is no longer being made. LOL
  • JustMichelleB
    Options
    Chalean extreme's strength training workouts are not cardio workouts.
    I use 10, 15, 20 and 25lb weights. You cannot do cardio while lifting heavy.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    P90X... LOVE it!
  • Bigwein5
    Options
    If you have Comcast there are a number of exercise videos on demand. If not any kettle bell dvd for beginners is a great start.
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    supreme 90
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I believe her name is Cathe, she is amazing. I saw her a long time ago on TV. She does great strength training.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    P90X is good. I use it and just omit the pull up section since I don't have a pull up bar.

You can do lat pulldowns with bands...that's what I do since I don't have a pull up bar and Dad won't let me install theirs on my door frame lol
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The results you see in my profile pic are from one round of ChaLEAN Extreme and my current round of P90X, which I'm about 2/3 of the way thru my first round. I just messaged you about them and can direct you where to purchase them and help if you have any questions.

Muscle most certainly burns fat! I wish I knew this 20yrs ago!! lol
  • karabff
    Options
    i will keep you updated an thanks to everyone I looked all of them up an now have some ideas for each stage of my journey