Where did you meet your spouce/bf/gf/partner?

Options

Replies

• Linbo93
    Linbo93 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yahoo.com! And every time one of acts weird or goofy, we remind each other of the fact that we met on the internet! :OP
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    In college 16 years ago. We have many adventurous memories to share together, and things we can reminisce about (we went to a really excellent college). It's nice to have a shared history like that and we were also friends before we started dating (so we really get along and have a lot in common). And we also have a lot in common since we both chose the same college (it was a very specialized type of college that focused on arts and science). We are very happy.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Church. Met when i was 14. Friends for many yrs. Married at 22. Been married 11 years.
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    we were penpals in high school
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Yahoo.com! And every time one of acts weird or goofy, we remind each other of the fact that we met on the internet! :OP

Me too!

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    On a blind date. Just celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary:love:
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    We met in 1966 in Miss Celeste Ramsey's 4th grade class. She arranged the desks alphabetically. My last name started with "H" and his with "I".
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    At Disneyland, we both worked there.
  • Tiffany083
    Tiffany083 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I met my husband 10 years ago in an internet chat room.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Plenty of fish. Only had my profile up a week :)
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOVE these keep em comin!
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    A nightclub that used to be an adult theater in the 70's. Classy! But it was both of our favorite places to go on a Saturday night...and its so funny because as time went on we found out we would go to a lot of the same concerts, underage clubs, and festivals and never met until that night.....the timing was finally right for us to meet :-)
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Met him at 18 when I was dating one of his friends. Spoke for ages once the friend and I broke up, and then we both got in different relationships and then 6 yrs later started chatting xmas day 2010, spoke nonstop via text from then on and finally saw each other new years day, and have been together ever since :smile: :heart:
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    met him at a club called club hell it was fetish night and we met and started talking. It was history from there we started dating 2 months later then were married 6 months later and just celebrated our 7 yr wed anniversary and have 2 kiddos.
  • Kellybeth16
    Options
    It's refreshing to see some nice stories here.

Mine is boring. He is one of my brothers best friends, I had never met him before, but my brother brought him to a Chiefs game with us 3 years ago.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    at work about 3 years ago. I split up with my partner at the time, and 6 weeks later we were seeing each other in secret (kept it under wraps before coming out about us) about 2 years later and we're still going :)
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Freshman year of HS. We were friends through school. I actually asked him to prom (as pals) but he said he wasn't going, then ended up there with a date (!) while I went solo... Hee hee hee... Turns out his friends talked him into going at the last minute, he didn't have a date & thought for certain that I would have one by then and so didn't bother calling me and took a friend instead. I tease him about that sometimes. We lost touch until a couple years after graduation when he tracked me down so he could invite me to go to the Marine Corps Ball with him to make it up to me, and we renewed our friendship. A few years later we got married. If I hadn't asked him to prom and if he hadn't turned me down, we might not be together today! Celebrating a big anniversary in a little over a month!

One of the funny things is that we grew up 1/2 a mile from each other. He used to ride his bike past my house every day to go to school, and he said his bike chain would always fall off, he'd get a flat, or some other mechanical failure would happen right in front of my house. He says it must have been a sign or fate or something!
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Met in high school got married in college, been married 27 years next month. :)
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My father and hubby were in the Navy together and happened to rent in the same apt. bldg.. My Dad introduced us 32 years ago~~! :)
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend at a party that my cousin had. That was 9 years ago. 6 months before we met we talked on the phone and I told him he was too young for me. I was 25 with 3 kids and he was 21 with zero kids. It wasn't a match made in heaven by any means. But when we finally met all those reasons not to date flew right out the window. And I couldn't be happier. :) I am glad I gave him a chance.