advice on lingerie

Options

Replies

• deadheadcheri
    Options
    First off....lucky YOU! Your woman sounds like a Goddess! Next...check online for some fun sites with neat stuff. Next, lucky YOU!

And also this:
    http://www.knowlesville.com/vintage/1880-black-corset.html
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    So the lady and I were talking about how to make sexy time a little more special and agreed she could use some sexy lingerie. But not trashy - seems like everything out there is all shiny satin and ruffles and that is just not right for my old fashioned girl. She's into history and would like something thing more along the lines of a Victorian bustier - lacy or muslin - something with some boob spillover. In other words, more Renaissance Festival and less fetish outlet. She's 5'11, 165, D Cup, small hips. Any ideas, ladies?
    Don't knock trashy. Trashy is how I roll...

It's lingerie. If I wanted to be classy, I'd keep my clothes on. Just sayin'.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    just go shopping and watch her try stuff on.

A former b/f of mine wanted me to do that....and as a reward, I got to chose 3 of the things I tried on. So I thought, what have I got to lose. We went to Victoria's Secret and I picked out a few things and took them to the fitting room. I came out each time I put one on so he could see. The sales clerks got a real charge out of our little show. I still have the 3 outfits and hope to get back into them very soon.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    We have a local shop called Kiss & Makeup - they are a nice bra shop with a naughty side...they have all kinds of corsets, bustiers, plus some other fun leather stuff along with all the normal lacy and frilly goodies...it's not cheap, but it's not junk either, not overpriced, but you are getting good quality stuff, so not wal-mart prices either...and Ruth is awesome at being able to pick out what will look nice on a girl even from just a rough description...they have a website you can browse and see if you like anything, but you are probably better off calling if you don't know exactly what you want and she will talk to you about options that she thinks are in your interest and price range: www.kissandmakeup.com/

I don't work there or have any interest in selling their stuff, but I do shop there (nowhere else to find a 32F in a sexy bra) and I really do love their stuff. I spend a lot of time drooling in that store...one day, when I have fewer children and more money to spend on ME, I will have a much better collection of indoor clothing...
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Look for your local chapter of Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). A good friend of mine is part of this group and makes her own garb, including underthings (both of the practical and, ahem, less practical sorts). Many SCA-ers also create custom clothing, etc. for those who are not in the SCA. You might get exactly what you're looking for there!
  • Drop_it_Like_Its_Hawt
    Options
    I second the SCA suggestion - they always know the best local peeps to get good corsets. Also second Etsy. Here's one Etsy shop in particular with some gorgeous heavy-duty corsetry, for those well-endowed types: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Harlotsandangels?ref=seller_info
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    It's all the same when it's crumpled up on the floor... just sayin

All of it looks Better at the Foot of Your Bed ....

A tactful, silky ?camsisole? (getting pretty technical for me) That silky, sleeveless, spaghetti strap "thingy" that is cutoff just below the buttocks and shows a reasonable/gratuitious amount of cleavage .... both sexes often enjoy these ... not trashy, but Very sexy, AND looks SPECTACULAR "crumpled up on the floor" there are trashy variations for sure, but start conservative to see what she's into
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    seriously - corset-story.com
    these are beautiful, reasonably priced steel boned corsets from the UK, I got one for my first real "goal" present, I think it helps retrain my ribcage as well (after having lost the weight)
  • FierceFox81
    Options
    It's all the same when it's crumpled up on the floor... just sayin

My boyfriend says the same thing! hahaha I still like to spend the money, and time, to get sexy for him though.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Agent Provocateur, Lascivious, Gilda and Pearl or something like the Gossard Ooh La La Corselette.... which always does the trick for me!
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    If you have a nearby renaissance fair you might try getting in touch with some performers to see who makes their costumes. There's a very talented seamstress in my area who is quite accomplished at corset-making. That kind of thing does run into money, though.
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    Is she over keen on you putting her size ect on this site.. :huh: lol.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    spiceylingerie.com

fredericks.com

intiMINT.com

there are so many options....

wickedtemptations.com as well.

wha? no one has sex with lingerie on anymore?
  • eyestylemom
    eyestylemom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    spiceylingerie.com

fredericks.com

intiMINT.com

there are so many options....

wickedtemptations.com as well.

wha? no one has sex with lingerie on anymore?

That's what I was wondering... LOL
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Can only recommend What Katie Did! They have gorgeous vintage style lingerie! Especially as you said 'old fashioned' their lines are so glamorous and full of classic style. They also have really well made corsets!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Wait...Renaissance Fair??? Disregard everything I said!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Check Ebay. Search for gothic corset. You will find some amazing and reasonably priced items. I have at least 3 corsets I got off Ebay for like $20. They came from China so it took a while to get to me but SOOO worth it.
  • mat233
    mat233 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • mat233
    mat233 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    ruffle butt panties and a sexy brocade corset some heels and thar she blows

What she said!!! Yea Baby!