I love the Wii Fit!

Options
We got a Wii Fit a few weeks ago, and I am so glad we did. Now, our whole family is exercising and having fun with it. I never thought I would see my husband jogging or boxing!

I also love the yoga on there, and how it gives you feedback. I have noticed my posture is better and I feel firmer.

Our whole family likes to have competitions and see who can beawt the others' score. I am trying to beat my nine year old daughter on the hula hoop....just about killed myself trying! :)

Anyway, that's a success for me!

Replies

• SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    We love ours too!
    We just got the wii fit plus for christmas, and that is a blast too! I love our wii. =)

Another fun calorie burner, is "Just Dance"!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I love it too. I think we'll get a lot of use out of it as my girls get older. They are only 27 months right now. I like that it calculates everything for you. And, that it doesn't even feel like exercise you are having so much fun.

I've heard good things about that Dance thing. My girls might actually like doing that.
  • hollyheckman
    Options
    I love the Wii too! We just bought the DDR for Wii. I'm so addicted! I play it almost every night after getting my girls to bed.
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    So funny! Doesn't it make you feel like a kid again? My kids are playing it downstairs now and I can hear them laughing as they compete against each other. Lots better than sitting on the couch or watching tv!

I limit their "media" time though and make them go play outside so they get fresh air and don't become addicted to technology. :smile:
  • cometnurse
    cometnurse Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love the Wii too! We just bought the DDR for Wii. I'm so addicted! I play it almost every night after getting my girls to bed.
    HAHA!! I stayed up til 11:00 the other night after the kids went to bed!! My hubby said "What were you doing?" LOL
  • tobysjrzgrl
    tobysjrzgrl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bought it the day after Thanksgiving and have been on it for 64 days in a row. I'm addicted to golf. Never played it before.
    But I can't ski jump. I wind up a big snow ball with skis. Although I'm not a fan of the little witch who tells me I'm obese every morning. Like I don't know.
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    GRRRR!!!!!! I bought the Wii and was going to wait to get the wii fit plus and balance board. Now it's sold out everywhere unless I want to overpay big time! I can't wait to get one!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    GRRRR!!!!!! I bought the Wii and was going to wait to get the wii fit plus and balance board. Now it's sold out everywhere unless I want to overpay big time! I can't wait to get one!

:huh: Have you tried Amazon.com....they have things there usually cheaper then the stores and you can get them pretty quickly.
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    I need to get one of these!
  • rosey920
    Options
    We've had ours for over a year now, we kind of got out of the habit of using it, but I recently began using the jogging feature, and am surprised how much I like it. A lot of people don't realize that you can do the "Free Run" while watching regular TV. It makes for a super easy yet effective workout.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Join us, Wii lovers ,on this thread for February:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/79280-wii-etc-fit-fit-plus-ea-team-for-february

Love mine too, perfect tool to ease myself back into exercise after years of neglect and then surgery.
  • pinkygirl1223
    Options
    I was thinking of getting the wii! Wasn't sure how the games were till now. The problem is they never have any instock!! Awww well its tothe gym I go till I can get a wii :)
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options

:huh: Have you tried Amazon.com....they have things there usually cheaper then the stores and you can get them pretty quickly.

Amazon is sold out...walmart, sold out, kmart sears gamestop....LOL! I saw that there were some 3rd party seller on Amazon selling them for @$150. I found one today on ebay though. So hopefully this time next week I'll be using it...YAY!!!
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    Yes, the Wiis are hard to find. I don't know why the stores don't stock more of them! I called around to a bunch of stores and my husband had to drive an hour to get one at the only store that had one- Costco. He got the Wii Fit at Target. It was worth the scavenger hunt!

I did not know you can run while watching regular TV! That would be great. I am going to have to try that!

Thank God for whoever invented the Wii because I think it's great and its making me and my family healthier!
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I reserved a Wii at Game Stop on Saturday (Feb. 7th) and it was in today! I was surprised because I was told it may be the end of Feb. before any came in. So good luck to all of you looking for one!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I ordered my wii fit plus through bestbuy.com. Free shipping and it came to my door. I had to wait less than a week, but it was better than driving around trying to find one.

I haven't tried the 'watching tv while running' but did think that was a pretty cool idea that you could do that.
  • rgebeshuber
    Options
    If you have the Wii, you absolutely have to try the EA Active titles - workouts and more workouts. You need to make sure you get the leg strap and stretchie band pack, but other than that, it is so much fun and an EXCELLENT workout. Also - if you are able to, invest in a heart rate monitor. The Wii is not entirely accurate with calories burned feedback, particularly if you are heavier. It's like that on exercise machines too. A good heart rate monitor will give you more accurate feedback so you will know exactly how hard you've been working. It's great to know that a 60 minute workout actually burns a lot more calories than you realized! Have fun : )
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have to say again. I love love love, Just Dance. You have to dance along with the person on tv, and it's hilarious! My husband and I compete against each other for the highest score. Meanwhile my 3 little ones are dancing along side us. :tongue: Our 6 year old is so mad that mommy gets a higher score! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!