Need friend 47 yrs + to lose weight with.

Options
Hey, I'm Linda from North Carolina. I'm look for an online buddie or two to lose weight with. I'm in menopause so that has its challenges as well. Let me know if you are interested.

:wink:

Replies

• shara99
    Options
    I'm 45 ad in peri-menopause. Feel free to add me if you'd like (even though I'm not 47).
  • shara99
    Options
    I'm 45 ad in peri-menopause. Feel free to add me if you'd like (even though I'm not 47).

"and" not "ad" sorry!
  • Dragonldy69
    Dragonldy69 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WELCOME to MFP.. Add me if you wish..:drinker:
  • kimc7521
    Options
    I am 52 years old. I have struggled too. I am doing better now. I would happy to be your buddy!:flowerforyou:
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    I am 47 and from England. I would be happy to be your friend. Feel free to add me.:flowerforyou:
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    I'm 55 - have lost 50# - kept off for almost 6 years - but now motivated to lose the other 40 I never lost....feel free to add me - best of luck.
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Come join us at WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2012 - part 2

You don't have to be 50 -- there are women of all ages, but it is a very positive, active thread.
  • dq_diva
    Options
    I'm 48 (also from NC!) and struggling too. Sending you a friend request :)
  • meglet175
    Options
    Hi, I'm Meg from South Carolina. I turned 47 a few days ago, and have been on mfp for just under three months. I'm losing weight slowly but surely, and mfp has played a big role in my success to date. I'd be glad to be your friend.
  • TinaK_64
    Options
    I am 48 and am actually post-menopausal (uterine cancer and complete hysterectomy at age 40) so I know how hard it is to try and lose weight at this stage in our lives. I am on a journey to lose 130 pounds and am looking for all the help and support I can get, and am willing to lend a helping hand or supportive ear whenever you may need it. Feel free to add me if you like. :-)
  • greeneyedKat
    Options
    Hi Linda, I'm Kathryn from Mi. I am 47 and struggling at my 3rd time of gaining and losing. I could use a friend too
  • islandgirl3333
    islandgirl3333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am 54 and looking to lose weight before my daughters wedding next summer. I find it seems to come off much slower now that I am older, but I really like this site.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm 47 and 9 yrs post hysterectomy. Doctor is calling it "early menopause." Hot flashes in Alabama summer heat are not fun! Lost 38 lbs. in the last year and a half. Now trying to maintain. Been here before and gained so much that I had to lose 38 lbs., so I know the journey is just beginning.

Feel free to friend me for encouragement!
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love more people in my boat. I'm 46 years old and 10 years post meno due to ovarian cancer at 35. I'm having a real tough time losing this time. It used to be so much easier. I would love to know how others handle these challenges.
  • RobinP1234
    RobinP1234 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am 47..I have no friends on here..I am in desperate need of weight loss..I keep trying and falling off the wagon..Maybe a friend or two would help me :)
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    47 yrs young here, but not for long. Went through Menopause when I was 35, WOW I know eh. Yes I'm Canadian. Add me if you like.
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    I'm 49 and am in chemo induced menopause. Fun stuff, huh? Yeah, not so much :). Sending a friend request.
  • SuzinSullivan
    Options
    Hi Linda :) I'm new to MFP and I'll be 47 in a couple of months... not sure if I'm going through menopause because I had a hysterectomy 8 years ago. Although they say I'll know it when I am! You can add me as well because we can all use a little extra encouragement.
  • mamasher06
    Options
    Hi there! I am 54 and at this age losing weight sure has new challenges. I'd be happy to be your friend if you'de like : )
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am 48 and from Illinois. Feel free to add me. I started menopause 2 months ago.