celeriac chips ? i use to eat them cuz they are lower carb
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Popcorners! They are so good.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    if you wanna get really healthy i would say sugar snap peas.. sooo good and crunchy..

or make kale chips or apple chips yourself :)
  • AbacoRaveness
    Options
    Terra (brand) root vegetable chips. They are basically dehydrated root vegetables: sweet potatoes, yucca, beets, carrots, etc.
    Simple Truth (Kroger brand) makes the same thing. They are usually cheaper and taste exactly the same. Also, they're in the organic section so preservative free and all that jazz.
  • AbacoRaveness
    Options
    Oh! Also, if you like spicy stuff... wasabi peas have a good crunch to them!
  • Nyaranyanko
    Nyaranyanko Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kale chips! I know how it sounds, but they're super delicious. You can make your own in the oven or with a dehydrator, or if you have a fancy grocery store nearby you can get them already made.
  • cinner506
    Options
    Try Jicama! It is a large, bulbous root vegetable. Per 1/4 pound: 43 Calories.
    Inside, the flesh is white, wet and crunchy, similar to a raw potato but wetter and crunchier. The flavor is slightly sweet, a little nutty. It's good both raw and cooked, although my own favorite is raw, since it keeps both its crispness and its color over time. Look for it in the produce section

Can eat with humus, salsa, or your favorite dipping sauce
  • lmeola18
    Options
    I don't know if they're just a local thing, but I buy cape cod reduced fat chips. They're delicious kettle cooked! And te ingredients are just potatoes, canola oil, and salt. They even sell them in little 100 cal packs.
  • allthismusic
    Options
    a few people have mentioned: wasabi peas and pop chips. trader joe's has some interesting variations to chips ones made from rice/beans as well as lentil chips.
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    She is right! Those Special K chips are goood!!
  • shelbz09
    Options
    Thank you guys SO MUCH! SERIOUSLY! I have some really great Ideas!!! :D
  • shelbz09
    Options
    Popchips or special k chips? which is better???? or are they pretty equal?
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Popchips are really good, BUUUUUT if you have a thing for chips like me, it is hard to keep them to proper portions. So here is my suggestion for clean food that gives the same feeling a chip :

Kale Chips. Google it and how to make it. Super cheap, easy and quick. The only downfall is you have to make them when you want them. They do not store. But hey, if being healthy and making the right choices were easy, everybody would do it right?
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Popchips or special k chips? which is better???? or are they pretty equal?

I haven't tried the popchips, but I keep those Special K chips in the pantry at all times. The Southwest Ranch, Cheddar, and Sea Salt ones are delicious.

What I really like about them is the serving size for the calorie cost. 27 chips is quite a bit after you count it out on the plate or bowl.
  • krcottam71
    Options
    Special K makes crisps that are 27 rice chips for 110 calories. I LOVE them.
    THIS!! :love:

I double this. They are delishious. Even if you end up eating the whole box it's only like 440 cals. which is way better than eating a whole bag of chips.
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Crispy minis are my go to chip alterative. Same great flavours as my fave chip brands, so many fewer calories. Yum!
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K popcorn chips
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    We bought a dehydrator and make veggie chips...at least we do in the fall/winter, the dehydrator can heat up the room. It doesn't take too long and you can add various spices.

I buy tortillas (110 cal for the flour ones I buy. Corn is less cal but smaller tortillas) and when I want chips, I put a little oil on one, a dash of salt, slice into 8 pieces and bake at 350 until they are crispy. For me, it's the effort that goes in..if I don't want to put in the effort to make it then I don't want it enough. I know exactly what I'm getting and I can add whatever I want.

Also, mini rice cakes. They have snack packs that come in individual bags (80-100 cal depending on the flavor) and in bbq, ranch, chocolate, cheddar, apple cin, and caramel. My husband loves these and if we need that "crunchy" snack, we get these instead.
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not QUITE chips, but I found that dipping mushrooms and sliced bell peppers in hummus gives the same sort of satisfaction as munching on some potato chips :)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat cheddar rice cakes. They aren't really healthier, but they aren't as greasy. And if you eat the quaker cheese ones, they give a lot of crunch. And they're quite flavorful, so if I'm watching calories, I can feel good eating only half of a serving.