Best piece of fitness/weight loss advice you have...

Options
The best advice you have for those starting/ struggling to lose weight and/or stay motiviated....

Stick with it!!! Results take time, but if you give up they will never come!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    There is no "right" way to lose weight or get fit.

Pick something that works for you and stick to it.
    For ever.
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet. Change your lifestyle in a way you can sustain forever that includes all the things you love in moderation.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    There is no quick answer. You are winning if the weight loss is slow and steady. You will hit plateus. You will get sick and tired of counting. There are days you wont want to exercise. This is life, it's how it works. Just make up for it and learn your lessons.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    oh oh!
    and
    deiting is losing weight, you're bound to find it again.
    changing your life is getting rid of it. For good.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Don't drink two scoops of NOXplode and then workout like a mofo if you have not tried the stuff.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet. Change your lifestyle in a way you can sustain forever that includes all the things you love in moderation.
    This is totally it.
  • justaride08
    Options
    Drink water, water, and when you can't do it anymore, drink more water. When I hit a plateau I step up the water and it falls off!
  • Dianemustang
    Options
    exercise - even if only 10 minutes - all I do is walk
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    "Don't drink your calories"

Another piece of advice: There are always going to be moments where you just want to give up. Push aside that annoying like voice and just do it.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    This is totally it.

I like to argue, so....

People do not want to sustain weight loss forever. A diet is a special and temporary reduction in intake to lose weight. Diets are ok. Fad diets are stupid and do not work for the long term.
  • joannaorgovan
    joannaorgovan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you look as "pretty" as you did before you worked out after you finish, you're not working hard enough.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    In my view, the Top 4 are as follows:

1. Fit as many of your favorite foods as possible into your daily macros.
    2. Construct an exercise routine that you love and try to include some form of strength training and cardio in it.
    3. Food and exercise are dose dependent, like medicine: if you get too little of each, it won't work; if you get too much of each, you'll have bad side effects. Find the right dose.
    4. Protein, protein, protein.
  • ashort1623
    ashort1623 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't drink two scoops of NOXplode and then workout like a mofo if you have not tried the stuff.

No idea what this is exactly, but it made me laugh out loud :)
  • ashort1623
    ashort1623 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    If you look as "pretty" as you did before you worked out after you finish, you're not working hard enough.

I'm totally down for looking like a hot mess after a work out--- It makes me feel like I accomplished something! Anyone else agree?!
  • kellabella314
    Options
    It's not going to happen overnight. Slow progress is still progress!
  • rox2112
    rox2112 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Everybody has advice and wants to share "what works" for them. Figure out what works for you and what keeps you happy and motivated and you WILL succeed. Don't deprive yourself. If you crave a Big Mac, eat a Big Mac. Just make sure you log it and pay attention to how foods make you feel. LOG EVERYTHING even if it's a bad day. I've only not logged once but it was a day I was sick.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    eat healthier not less...... and move more :):flowerforyou:
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    There is no "right" way to lose weight or get fit.

Pick something that works for you and stick to it.
    For ever.

this!!

get to know your body. find out what works for you.

enjoy it!! it is tough but it is so worth it and weight loss and fitness is actually kind of fun. :)
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options

I'm totally down for looking like a hot mess after a work out--- It makes me feel like I accomplished something! Anyone else agree?!

definitely agree. I try to look worse after each work out haha.
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Come here or anywhere and log your food an exercise, every day, every bite. Hold yourself accountable. Own your food, log it and move on. Every day is a new day to be honest with yourself. It's worked for me since May 2010.