Attention all Zumba (ers)

Options
2»

Replies

• jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Zumba has never bothered my knees at all and mine can be sensitive to injury...and the classes I do are high intensity! The two cardio places I have been offer classes at 8 or 10 bucks so unless you go only once a week it's cheaper to just be a member! :smile:
  • childofArtemis24
    Options
    Our class cost 5 dollars or 35 a month. And I bought some knee supports, and no knee problems.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    1. Mine is at a rec center which is 40 dollars for 8 classes (1 hour at 2x a week).

2. It CAN be hard on your knees. I have patellae tracking disorder in both my knees and currently two herniated discs so jumping is NOT really an option for me. What I suggest if you are worried about it hurting your knees is to come up with alternative moves in the class (which is what I did). For instance, when they jump in place, I lift my heals off the ground, but never my entire foot. Or, when they do a movement to the right that is on one foot, I do steps left and right. I still burn 600 calories on average in class even with these small adjustments. You just have to be conscious of what you are doing. :flowerforyou:
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My zumba class offers various levels of intensity so u can completely decide on how much impact ur knees will get x

That's a good teacher if they are offering different variations of steps. I have been to four different zumba classes and none of the teachers will ask the class if anyone has any injuries or offer to do this step if you have this injury. Ok, maybe I'm expecting a lot, but it would be good practice, I suppose.

Ours recently did the same. She does a beginner class and then an advanced class (I'm in advanced...they didn't have beginner when I started. Call it feeding me to the snake pit. :bigsmile: )