Best piece of fitness/weight loss advice you have...

Options

Replies

• nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Eat clean. Train dirty. Rinse. Repeat.
    Don't feed your appetite, fuel your body for performance.
    One workout won't make you skinny, and one hamburger won't make you fat.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Choose a routine you can stick with.
  • sloanie1
    sloanie1 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You have to want it, if you don't you won't succeed.......you can't outexercise a bad diet!!! you have to eat clean to get results, well awesome results, if I had eaten cleaner from the beginning I think I would have been there by now!
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Don't underestimate yourself. You are stronger, faster, and tougher than you think.
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Eat clean, be consistent, all things in moderation.

Celebrate every lb/inch lost! (just not with cake) lol
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    In my view, the Top 4 are as follows:

1. Fit as many of your favorite foods as possible into your daily macros.
    2. Construct an exercise routine that you love and try to include some form of strength training and cardio in it.
    3. Food and exercise are dose dependent, like medicine: if you get too little of each, it won't work; if you get too much of each, you'll have bad side effects. Find the right dose.
    4. Protein, protein, protein.

^^^^^^^^I like all of this. Definitely right on.

I just posted this on a different thread but I will paste it here as it is the most common advice I give to people.

Losing fat anywhere on the body is more to do with a calorie deficit than any particular exercise. With that said the fat will burn off from wherever the body decides. You can not control this and it usually comes off in the reverse order it went on.

To lose "weight" put your calories in a moderate deficit. Notice I said "weight". To make sure the majority of your weight loss comes from "body fat" you will need to do resistance training. Muscle is very expensive to maintain, calorie wise. If you do not convince your body that the muscle is necessary it will get rid of it. This can look great on the scale but is terrible for body composition. This site is full of people who reach their weight loss goals and are not happy with the way their bodies look. This is usually do to excessive calorie deficit (from severe dieting or excessive cardio) and no resistance training (lifting relatively heavy weights).
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy it will keep the weight off drink tons of water Lol.
    It will not happen overnight it took a while to get on and its going to take
    some time to get off commit yourself to something and dont stop it
    until you get to your goal and even then Stick to it especially if it worked for you..
    Their are a lot of factors that go into weight gain carbs sugars salt. ect.
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    You can have excuses or you can have results but you can't have both. Choose carefully.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    you can't outexercise a bad diet!!!

this is my new mantra!!!!
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet. Change your lifestyle in a way you can sustain forever that includes all the things you love in moderation.

^^^^ THIS
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    If you get on the scales and the result is not want you wanted, ask yourself if a) Am I doing something about it and b) DO I know what I am doing.

The scale does not know you, only what you weigh at a particular point in time.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/traumatic-dieting/201111/are-you-weighing-yourself-the-wrong-way

Don't let the scale dictate your feelings. Keep on going!!
  • ajball90
    ajball90 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If you look as "pretty" as you did before you worked out after you finish, you're not working hard enough.
    this ^
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain the weight in a month, don't expect to lose it all in a month. It's all about making healthy choices and lifestyle changes. Quick fixes will get you nowhere but back to where you started again.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Persistance.
  • Starlightbella
    Starlightbella Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "What you eat in private you wear in public"

LOVE THIS! So True:noway:
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Be real!!!! everyone cheats or fails at eating right sometimes!!!!! Miracles happen everywhere except weight loss so don't turn to a miracle in a can/pill/powder/drops/anything and lastly being skinny is great but being healthy is much much better.
  • TheBiggestLosee
    Options
    I'm paraphrasing, so bare with me. It basically goes as such: it isn't a race so don't compare your level of fitness (and feel inferior or insecure) to to the next person.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    1. If you're hungry, eat. Losing weight doesn't mean crying in the bathroom because you're so hungry your stomach is eating itself.

2. Carbs are not the Devil. Unless you have a medical issue with carbs, they are okay to eat, even the Bad Ones (white bread, rice, potatoes, etc.).

3. Self control can be learned. I did binge and boredom eat. I know how damned hard it is to not eat a can of Pringles or sleeve of cookies. I learned that by having a little bit of candy/chocolate/chips, I can say no to the rest of the package.

4. Portion control (weighing and measuring food) does more than you think. I'd say 90% of my weight loss is due to portioned out foods. A tablespoon is more than you think.
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My motto is, "giving it my best shot". I try to do that with my running time/distance, my weight training routine, or appetite control. I set a goal and try to do my best. I want the best from myself...and don't want to be cheated. My best is NOT the same every day. I'm terrible at eating clean, but I do my best at trying to control my appetite in order to meet my daily calorie goals. So far, it's working.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue tht counts"

Oh I like this one!