blood type

Options
has any one heard of , different diets work for different blood types? a nurse at work was telling me about it.. like for example, people with A blood types shouldnt be on the protein low carb diet that they just need to follow the low calories and low fats? just wondered? i dont believe this.. but i guess it could be possible.:huh:

Replies

• nurseandi
    Options
    i heard this before. its not proven. i thought it was people of a certain blood type enjoy a certain food group more, i donnno though.
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Think there may be a book on this type of diet, can't recall the name though.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    a very well informed friend (aka. smart friend) was telling me about this just the other day! Weird thats the first time i've ever heard of it though. It sounds pretty interesting but i don't think i'd blame too much on it ;D
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eat right for your type is the name of the diet/book.
  • deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    http://www.afic.org/WMWS/miracle_diets.shtml

"The diet Eat Right 4 Your Type (refers to blood type) claims that each blood type has its own unique antigen marker that reacts negatively to certain foods, and individuals have varying levels of stomach acidity and digestive enzymes that correlate with blood type. Based on this theory, the diet provides a list of foods to eat or avoid, depending on your blood type. Scientifically, there is no evidence that diets should be based on blood type. And eliminating whole food groups, may cause nutrient deficiencies – for example excluding dairy products may result in calcium deficiency."
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    thanks every1 for your information.. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    What an interesting topic.