Here is the issue tonight..

Options

Replies

• dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Stop eating cereal if your gut cries when you eat it. You sound gluten intolerant. Classic symptoms!
  • gangstaxkel
    gangstaxkel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Stop eating cereal if your gut cries when you eat it. You sound gluten intolerant. Classic symptoms!

I was actually going to cut out the cereal in the morning. Do you think I'll feel better towards the end of the day? If I was gluten intolerant why would I still be in pain and have the symptoms at 10pm at night when the only gluten containing thing in my diet today was eaten at 5:30am? :O
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Okay, so first things first. I'm going to the doctor for this in a couple of days I was just wondering what I can do to make it a bit easier on me til then..

Issue: I am starving but when I try to eat something you can hear my stomach grumble trying to digest the food and I get very nauseated and it's very painful. Like I said.. I'm very hungry and I don't want to starve myself, but then again, I don't want to be bed ridden after eating one meal.

have you checked webmd?
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Ugh, I'm really scared right now. ): Is it bad that I don't have normal bowel movements..

I was just going to ask, how often do you have bowel movement?

If you're constipated or have major blockage, this could be the reason why your stomach hurts so badly after eating. No where for the fecal matter to go and it's backing up. I hope the Dr. remedies your issue immediately.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    We always say it's our stomach when 98% of the time it is our colon. Do you know how to locate your stomach....it is just below your esophagus. I suggest that you lay off of raw foods for a while (until you see your doctor) and get a colonoscopy...he/she may suggest an MRI or ultrasound but that will not tell you much relative to your colon. Diverticulosis is very common and have similar type symptoms.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    sounds like me when I had an ulcer in Jan. Doc prescribed me omaziprole and ratadine which u can get over the counter they treat heartburn and acid reflux issues. I was able to eat again the next day but only bland foods nothing acidic
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    Okay, so first things first. I'm going to the doctor for this in a couple of days I was just wondering what I can do to make it a bit easier on me til then..

Issue: I am starving but when I try to eat something you can hear my stomach grumble trying to digest the food and I get very nauseated and it's very painful. Like I said.. I'm very hungry and I don't want to starve myself, but then again, I don't want to be bed ridden after eating one meal.

have you checked webmd?

I have. ):
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    sounds like me when I had an ulcer in Jan. Doc prescribed me omaziprole and ratadine which u can get over the counter they treat heartburn and acid reflux issues. I was able to eat again the next day but only bland foods nothing acidic

Awesomeeee. ):
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You want to be careful about taking OTC Drugs and self medicating...you could make a situation worse by getting the wrong medications, also, many of the stomach meds are "Rough" meaning, frankly, the Side Effects are worse than what it is supposed to cure/relieve. Watch out!
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    You want to be careful about taking OTC Drugs and self medicating...you could make a situation worse by getting the wrong medications, also, many of the stomach meds are "Rough" meaning, frankly, the Side Effects are worse than what it is supposed to cure/relieve. Watch out!

Yeah, I wasn't going to take any OTC Drugs without consulting my doctor. Friday can't be further away. ):
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump.
  • JenniferNoll
    JenniferNoll Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I was going to say gastroparesis but someone beat me to it. Before the pain and discomfort began, were you restricting your caloric intake? I know it's hard to tell by picture, but you seem very thin. It makes me wonder about ED. If that is part of what's going on, you need to be honest with the GI who sees you and maybe ask for a referral to someone who specializes in eating disorders. If your family is not on board, remember that you have a right to privacy with your doctor.

Also, the symptoms you are describing could be a result of severe IBS with constipation or even and IBD like crohn's or ulcerative colitis. When you go, do you see mucus or blood? Either of those is something you need to talk to your doctor about.

I hope you get some relief with your GI.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options

I was actually going to cut out the cereal in the morning. Do you think I'll feel better towards the end of the day? If I was gluten intolerant why would I still be in pain and have the symptoms at 10pm at night when the only gluten containing thing in my diet today was eaten at 5:30am? :O

I am gluten intolerant, and it did indeed cause gastroparesis as someone mentioned above. If you are gluten intolerant, it will still bother you quite some time after you eat it. I still notice symptoms *three days later* when I accidentally eat gluten.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I have this too but to a much smaller degree. I'm not in horrible pain but I do have discomfort when digesting. It started when I started eating healthy. I think I have an intolerance to something. Let me know how everything goes, I know it's uncomfortable. Good luck :)
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    You posted something similar to this post last week and said you were seeing a doc in a couple of days...so did you ever see one? I just had surgery to correct a hiatal hernia and to help with my gastroparysis. My bowel movements are normal now and I'm never bloated. I can't eat much but liquids right now, but eventually it will be back to normal. I would just wait and see what the doc says instead of self diagnosing. Just hang in there and eat non acidic foods and foods that are easily digested.
  • ksyp92
    ksyp92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    make sure they test you at the doctor for h pylori... i had it and your symptoms sound similar. a lot of people with digestive issues go to many different doctors before they even get tested for it.. its sort of a forgotten about thing
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I thought you posted something similar to this and had many responses only the other night.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My question to you is ..whats a few days in regards to going to the Drs? and whats the pain level your experiencing?.... I wouldnt eat or drink anything if you have pain and if your Dr appt is in 1-2 days simply call them there is nothing anyone on MFP can advise you that would be safe at this point. Just my opinion...and seems you had the same type symptoms just the other night..I honestly think you should be calling after hrs at your local hospital
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Emotions? Something bothering you?
    Nothing like a case of nerves/anxiety/bitterness toward someone... or some other strong emotion to whack out the digestion.
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If I were you, with my medical background, I would call my Doctor first thing in the morning to see if they had any cancellations. Ask them to call you if someone cancels. Consider going to an urgent care, and if it gets any worse, go to the ER. It could be nothing, or it could be something serious. Don't mess around with belly pain. (I am a nurse and work in a doctors office)