What foods do NOT work for you?

Options
I've been experimenting a little lately, now, I always stay within my calories and I never usually eat back my exercise ones, not because I don't want to, just because I don't feel like eating more!

That being said, I have found that on days I have cheese (and I don't have tons) the next day I am always bloated and heavier, now I can't say if that is why definitely but I was wondering.. do YOU have foods that don't suit you? Do you avoid them or just accept you'll be bloated for a day or two?

I love cheese! I don't eat a lot of it, but I can't imagine never eating it again!

Replies

• slenderizeme
    slenderizeme Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Lol I have actually started a do not eat list. The reason being I know that certain foods encourage me to binge. This is what it is so far:

-Buffalo wild wings (after checking the calorie count online)
    -Pepperoni roll ups (homemade from recipe)
    -Baked macaroni and cheese
  • Blondehelmet
    Blondehelmet Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    For some reason, Maggi noodles make me really crook and give me a headache.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bread bloats me so I try not to have too much, I love bread :sad:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Egg yolks, milk and red meat turn my insides out. I have a digestive disorder that limits my ability to process large amounts of fats - especially those associated with animal products. I have to stick to lean chicken and fish and stuff like that to avoid getting sick.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bread and pasta, cannot stand the way it makes me feel. even though it's super yummy.
  • ktbrett22
    ktbrett22 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's taken YEARS for this to sink in but I've just started realising that eating bad makes me feel bad and eating well makes me feel well. It sounds so simple written down like that but I've been ignoring these signals for a long time!! I agree though - cheese is too good to just give up! Maybe drink a ton of water after having it? It could be the salt in it that is bloating.
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Bread bloats me so I try not to have too much, I love bread :sad:

exactly this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ even the love of bread ... but I don't gain when eating it .. I just don't lose, so once at my weight I will eat it again ... 19lbs till bread time :)
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I just can't have any kind of granola in the house. It is breakfast crack. I *will* eat the whole box. :cry:
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Bread and pizza dough really bloat me up. I feel awful the following day if I have it. I am ok with pasta and am ok with whole grain seeded bread as long as not too much.

I don't eat pasta much now either apart from wholemeal pasta. I eat low-ish carb, about 70 - 100g a day and try and get the big majority of that from fresh fruit and veggies (quite easy with fruit!)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I havent noticed anything except soft drinks and things loaded in sugar/salt
  • Lu_88
    Lu_88 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fresh mackerel (smoked is fine)
    Scrambled eggs.

Both make me feel sick.
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Pizza :sad:

I love it, I lust it, but it makes my insides feel so bloated and pained. I seem to have amnesia when it comes to this though and always remember afterwards when it's too late.

I also love bread, but eating it makes me crave more bread and then sugar, then more bread. It's just no good for me. I try to stick to one wholemeal slice with breakfast but find even this starts the cycle. Sucks!
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I avoid grains, legumes, most dairy, sugar and most processed food as a rule. Both on weight management issues and general health grounds.

I feel a lot better when I avoid them and I find that I'm not constantly hungry.
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I get sick/migraines from the following:

Aspartame
    MSG
    Lactose
    Large amounts of animal fat.

Other than that, I really shouldn't eat candy because I have no self control with them. I will eat the whole bag.
    Bread is fine with me, as long as I don't eat more than two slices.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I have IBS so my do not eat list is massive and even when I don't eat the bad foods I'm still bloated and sloshy as I call it (like when you move you feel like your foods sloshing around in your stomach like water in a bucket) so the short list is

Wheat
    Eggs
    Oats
    Pork
    Milk
    Cheese
    Noodles
    Creamy sauces
    Alcohol (I'm intolerant)
    Beans cos they taste like poo and the texture is very weird
    Anything wholemeal
    Anything too spicy
    Nothing too citrus like oranges, lemon etc.

I think thats it! Some of the things on my list I just eat anyway cos I feel like crap all the time no matter what I eat so I might as well just eat what I want.
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can't eat anything fatty within 2 hours of bedtime. My body seems fine processing it if I'm upright, but it can't cope with it when I lie down. Stomach just churns all night
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have learned that I just can't have any kind of granola in the house. It is breakfast crack. I *will* eat the whole box. :cry:
    Im the same, any type of Granola and i will keep eating it dry..How weak am i!
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    Any junk food. I don't know if it's the additives, the carbs, the fat, or what. But I feel like cr*p after I eat it.

Also, bread and pasta. I have known this all my adult life, and I'll go through phases of reducing it but somehow I always let it creep back in... Because I don't have an actual allergy I feel a bit pretentious refusing to eat it. Also, it's SO GOOD - much harder to give up than the junk food which I'm not crazy about anyway.
  • LisaMariaMuir
    LisaMariaMuir Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    After years of suffering from IBS the main foods that trigger it are anything from the onion family, any fruit juice and diary especially cream. (Try going out to a restaurant and telling the server that you can't have onion or garlic in your pasta sauce etc.......it's a nightmare!)

Having found out in the last 4 weeks that i'm gluten intolerant I feel a heap better and am losing that sluggish yukky feeling that wheat, etc gives you. I'm wondering if this has been my major problem all along?? :flowerforyou:
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Pork is my enemy, mostly because it has so much sodium in it. I bloat up with all the salt and feel gross the next day.