How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Weighing yourself every day seems excessive, plus the water weight and daily fluctuation doesn't help.
I like to weight myself once a week, or once every 2 weeks if I feel like I wasn't consistent enough to get a more fair average of my differences.

How about you?

p.s. add me, i just started! fresh motivation here!

Replies

• stacey1981
    stacey1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks. If I chose to do this on a daily basis, I would get discouraged I think. I also take my measurements:)
  • hyndsie
    Options
    i weigh in every friday, for me seeing the weekly drop keeps me motivated - whether it 1lb or 3lb. i measure my waist, hips and thighs on the 1st of every month.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    morning and night every day...... the scale lets me know if ive been good or bad>>plus since im trying more to maintain than lose it is a good reminder of where i came from and where i dont want to go:)
  • siggakolla
    siggakolla Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Every monday :) having my weigh in on mondays encourages me to be better on the weekends! :P
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    honestly, i weigh myself only when i feel that i have lost weight.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    once a week, first thing in the morning
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Every morning..... people will agree or disagree, but this is what works for me. I am a 'numbers' person so I need to see data!
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and night also....

But I only record my weight loss once a week.....
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every week, even if I know I am not going to like what I see on the scale. Keeps my in check.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day monday thru friday. I usually dont weigh on the weekends because I get up much later. I only record on MFP on fridays.
  • SamAdams125
    SamAdams125 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in every other week on Sunday morning (helps me stay focused on Saturday) and I do measurements and new progress photos once a month. I used to weigh-in every week but I'd always get discouraged. Doing it biweekly has been very helpful because it makes me focus on eating healthy rather than obsessing about the scale.
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Every day. If you do this long term, you get to know your body really well, you know what days of the week you tend to be bloated and when you will lose the water weight and what eating/drinking choices do to your body. I know if I drink more than one or two drinks, I will balloon in weight two days later when I'm holding on to 5-7lbs of water. I know that Monday is my worst day and that Thurs/Fri are my lowest days. I know that I tend to lose a few pounds of water when I get my period.

The thing with weighing each day, is that you can't let it get you down. You WILL fluctuate, and it is more important to track your weekly or bi-weekly weights than your daily ones, it just gives you a good sense of your body.

I have lost weight twice before, and I always lose when weighing daily, and gain when I stop.
  • lozadee
    lozadee Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh ins keep me motivated over the weekend - most likely to snack time!

I also use clothes to guide me rather than measuring... ie that top I'd love to fit and those jeans I never want to fit in again an make sure they do or dont fit accordingly.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Every day. If you do this long term, you get to know your body really well, you know what days of the week you tend to be bloated and when you will lose the water weight and what eating/drinking choices do to your body. I know if I drink more than one or two drinks, I will balloon in weight two days later when I'm holding on to 5-7lbs of water. I know that Monday is my worst day and that Thurs/Fri are my lowest days. I know that I tend to lose a few pounds of water when I get my period.

The thing with weighing each day, is that you can't let it get you down. You WILL fluctuate, and it is more important to track your weekly or bi-weekly weights than your daily ones, it just gives you a good sense of your body.

I have lost weight twice before, and I always lose when weighing daily, and gain when I stop.

THIS
  • MommaBelvin
    MommaBelvin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    every thursday because then i know that if i want to see the number on that scale drop then i need to bust my butt to get that scale to drop lol. i also with a red pen X out every day that i work out on a calender so that i can see how often i work out and on thursdays i will write in whatever the scale said that thursday.
  • lunnay
    lunnay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Every morning..... people will agree or disagree, but this is what works for me. I am a 'numbers' person so I need to see data!

This. :) I know it goes up and down, and it doesn't bother me after the initial two minutes of disappointment when it goes up. I like getting on the scale every morning.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Never, I will no longer let that number define me and control my mood for the day :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Officially weigh in every Wednesday morning, but I hop on the scale every day to see what's going on.
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everybody morning and night, it keeps me accountable...
    but only record it once a week...every Wednesday
    and I take my measurements every two weeks.
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a wednesday morning in my birthday suit after loo and before breakfast.x