Egg Rolls Hungry Girl Style

Options
2»

Replies

• fullmoon
    fullmoon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    LOVE egg rolls . . . .HATE the grease. Thanks!!!
  • scorpiongirl9000
    Options
    thanks for the tip!! i will have to try this out later on this week
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I actually made these this week. They were pretty good.

I did buy sweet and sour sauce to go with them, but didn't care for the brand I bought (Kikkoman), any other suggestions?

We go to our local Asian Market for our sauces. If you have a local Asian Market I would start there we use a sweet chili sauce that is really good. It is less expensive than what you would purchase in a regular grocery store as well.

Going to post the same! LOVE the sweet chili sauce. We have 1/4 a bottle left over and it is so good I didn't want to throw it out even though I didn't think we'll use it. (Not buying frozen egg rolls.) That's why I was so excited to see this recipe!
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Made these for the first time tonight and will definitely be making them again. However, I will for sure leave out the soy sauce - I thought it made them extremely salty and took away from the flavors of the veggies. I think without the soy sauce they will be perfect. Thanks again for posting this recipe!
  • featherrs
    featherrs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ksnowras
    ksnowras Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Gotta try this!
  • virgz_fox
    virgz_fox Posts: 26
    Options
    Bump!I love eggrolls!
  • JanW01
    JanW01 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this :smile:
  • dearkr
    dearkr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :) bumb
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    I had major Thai food craving. I ended up eating a heap of Drunken Noodles on Saturday. Next time I'll just make these and add a little Thai Basil and mint. Thanks for the recipe!
  • missjaygraham87
    Options
    BUMP!!!! Thanks for the great recipe! I can't wait to try it!! :)
  • smcgrath29
    Options
    Awesome!
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options
    thanks!
  • rockridge5203
    rockridge5203 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This sounds too good to be true! I make egg rolls and rice paper wraps all the time..but am looking forward to the crunch of these! How do I add this to my database?
  • rockridge5203
    rockridge5203 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This sounds too good to be true! I make egg rolls and rice paper wraps all the time..but am looking forward to the crunch of these! How do I add this to my database?