Best piece of fitness/weight loss advice you have...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as thin feels. And another 20 seconds on the lips...20 years on the hips.
    Eat foods that only have one ingredient. Avoid the middle isles of the grocery store.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    If you look as "pretty" as you did before you worked out after you finish, you're not working hard enough.

I'm totally down for looking like a hot mess after a work out--- It makes me feel like I accomplished something! Anyone else agree?!

Yes totally, the sweatier the better! :tongue:
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself plenty of space for grace.
  • heretic911
    heretic911 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Don't go on a diet. Change your lifestyle in a way you can sustain forever that includes all the things you love in moderation.

Well said!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Leave it all in the gym.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Stop making excuses RIGHT NOW! Just do it.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    you can't outexercise a bad diet!!!

this is my new mantra!!!!

I like this. My twist on it is you can't out exercise too many calories. I was obese even when I was a 100% organic fanatic to the extreme. Too much food is too much food. Even too much healthy food will make you fat. Eat more to lose weight, why that is just plain silly when you have fat reserves. The only time you have to worry about starvation mode is when you get lean (under 12% for females and under 6% for males). Face the fact, if you are fat you need to eat less. But it's hard to face the truth.
  • Karebear_68
    Options
    Bump - I am in a terrible slump right now, I am going to read this fully when I am not at work... Need motivation and this looks like a great feed to get me going :love:
  • jstcallmecoco
    Options
    Its about changing forever, a better healthy lifestyle. Don't ever look for a quick fix. Losing 2 lbs a week is a phenomenal, though it may not seem like much, if you lose 2 lbs every week you will have lost 104 lbs for the year. I think that is pretty impressive! Also, weight loss is a math equation. Each pound of fat is equal to 3500 calories. If you cut out 500 calories a day and burn 500, you are in good shape! And its totally do-able! Don't doubt yourself, don't do more than you can handle. Make a commitment to yourself, a realistic one. Do what you can. Don't beat yourself up. A bad day is minuscle to changing your lifestyle forever, but it takes time. We are all in this together!
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The first time I heard "you can't out exercise a bad diet" it really stuck with me. It's so true! Whether it's too many calories, too much chunk or some other form - it all has an impact in one way or another.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You don't need a pretty outfit, or fancy equipment. You can exercise anytime, anywhere. Have a playout with your children, do yoga in your office, go for a walk at lunch, take off your shoes and do a plank or some squats, pick up a soup can and do some bicep curls while the spaghetti is boiling, stand on one foot while you are doing dishes. Stop making excuses. Put down your smart phone and MOVE!