When do you weigh yourself?

Options
When does everyone weight themselves? Is one time more accurate than another?

Replies

• KarenBoehlke
    Options
    My husband likes to weigh himself butt-naked right after his morning (shall we say) dump and before he eats anything. He feels this makes him weigh the lightest and for some reason he thinks this is accurate.

Me, I weigh myself at night before bed. I don't eat past 7PM so (average bedtime being 10pm) my last meal has pretty much funneled its way down the pipline. I figure this is a more a accurate reading, and, yes, I'm in my birthday suit when I weigh myself.

Actually, it doesn't matter what time of day you weigh yourself as long as its at the same time every time since our weight flucuates so much during the day. If you weigh yourself at the same time each time its more likely going to be a more accurate representation of how much weight you are dropping. Being naked makes it all you and there's no temptation to think well 3 or 4 pounds of this weight must be clothing.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    The first time I weighed in (a year and a half ago) I weighed on my mother's scale. I still do... I weigh Friday mornings, underwear only, before breakfast. I think no matter WHEN you do it, consistancy is the key for sure. You are going to weigh differently at different times during the day and depending on what you wear.
  • megz2485
    megz2485 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning before I get in the shower every Wednesday.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I weight every Monday, first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom and before eating/drinking anything. I find this gives me a truer representation of my "real" weight. If you weigh later in the day or in the evening you will generally weigh up to a couple of lbs heavier than you are due to water etc...

Also, weigh using the same scales every time and weigh in the same place. Hard floors are better than carpet as its more stable and your scales will be more accurate.

I try to avoid weighing more than once a week now. I find i don't obsess so much about the numbers that way.

Jx
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself the 1st time in the morning, but if you weigh yourself at night just be sure you always weigh yourself at the same time so one day your not 2 lbs heavier than another time and you don't think oh no I gained weight!!!
  • jc501
    jc501 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    In the morning before I eat breakfast.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Friday mornings after my morning pee, before my shower, nekkid. :)
  • LiveLaffLoseLove
    Options
    First thing in the morning before my shower after I go potty... Usually twice a week, just for the heck of it. I know your weight flucuates, but I like to see if what I ate the day before added on pounds... weird I know...
  • RunMyOregonBunsOff
    Options
    All the time...JK! First thing in the morning and some times I will at other times to see how different thing have affected my weight. I keep it objective though and not obsessive.
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning before I get in the shower every Wednesday.

You only get in the shower on Wednesdays?
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you choose to weigh yourself, as long as you do it around the same time every weighing period. You weigh more at night after you've eaten your day's worth of food.
  • gaiareeves
    gaiareeves Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings, before I've had anything to eat or drink.
  • cwmw
    cwmw Posts: 30
    Options
    every night, after dinner, pre shower :)
  • branson101
    branson101 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Sunday mornings before I eat or drink anything.
  • Jack3r
    Options
    Right after I wake up, after I use the washroom with no clothes on.
  • cassburk
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning when I wake up and go to the bathroom. That way I'm consistent and I use the same scale.
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When I first started on the path to a healthier me I was addicted to the scale. I'd get on that damn thing three and four times a day! It's a terrible habit and wrecked any self-confidence I had. Now I weigh every other Monday night just before bed. And so far so good :)
  • pabisc
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on Thursday mornings. I would like to before I eat, but having to get up early and get my kids off to school makes it way beyond the 2-hour mark from waking up. I've read up on metabolism and how you slow it down if you don't eat within two hours from waking up every day, so I try to eat something before I drive the kids into school. I would weigh in every day, but that just gives you more opportunities for your ups and downs to discourage you, so I limit myself to once a week to avoid the rollercoaster angst.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    You should be weighing yourself first thing in the AM right after you go to the bathroom, either naked or in the same clothes. Take 1x a week as your official weight 1x a week.

I weigh in everyday in the morning as described, and at night when i get home from work (helps me with dinner), and Wed AM is my 'official weight' for the week. I also compare these daily weigh-ins to each other every WEEK, not from day to day or AM to PM. Monday AM to Monday AM, Friday PM to Friday PM and so on. Just how I like to do it.
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Thursdays (because for some reason that seems to be the day with the lowest weight for me). I do it first thing in the morning after I wake up. I use the bathroom (hopefully both functions :P), strip, and weigh-in. I always do the same thing, same conditions, so I have an accurate comparison. (ETA: And yes, this is before any food or water is consumed.)