Hollister vs everywhere else

Options
Do hollister jeans run big or small? I used to think they ran small because when I was a US 8/9 in regular stores I was around a size 12 in there. That was a couple if years ago and now I'm thinking they have started making them bigger.. Thanks!p

Edited due to embarrassment over accidental bragging

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    They run small, my size jeans, I wear like 2 numbers below what I really am there. I hate Hollister though, it's over-rated and it stinks in there.
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know, I haven't shopped there since I graduated highschool.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I refuse to shop there A) on principle, and B) because I'm fat and they wouldn't want me to anyway. So at least it's mutual :)
  • jenneal89
    Options
    They run small, my size jeans, I wear like 2 numbers below what I really am there. I hate Hollister though, it's over-rated and it stinks in there.

Haha I get frustrated because it's so hard to see even to pick sizes and it's really loud (I sound so old for a 23 year old! Lol but it's true) I love their clothes though and am having a hard time finding clothes that fit well.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options

word. i was never a hollister/abercrombie girl. i think i lived on j.c. penney arizona jeans, mudd, LEI, and all that fun stuff.
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "... my size 0 are too big now."

Gotta love that subtle style of gloating . :laugh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

LOL agreed :laugh:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

Haha I get frustrated because it's so hard to see even to pick sizes and it's really loud (I sound so old for a 23 year old! Lol but it's true) I love their clothes though and am having a hard time finding clothes that fit well.

Last time I bought a pair of their jeans was in 2005, it could have changed since then. It is loud in there, and it's very dark, I can't stand it. I always feel like I'm going to suffocate in there. American Eagle is MUCH better and their pants make the heiny look MUCH better :)
  • jenneal89
    Options

Lol I really didn't mean it that way but it does sound like it! I should re-read my posts before posting :blushing:
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

LOL
  • jenneal89
    Options

Last time I bought a pair of their jeans was in 2005, it could have changed since then. It is loud in there, and it's very dark, I can't stand it. I always feel like I'm going to suffocate in there. American Eagle is MUCH better and their pants make the heiny look MUCH better :)

I always shopped at American eagle and love their clothing but they definitely run big and they don't have it in the UK :sad:
  • krystyn13
    Options

word. i was never a hollister/abercrombie girl. i think i lived on j.c. penney arizona jeans, mudd, LEI, and all that fun stuff.

I'm in the same camp!! :)
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing...
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

I'm in the same camp!! :)

Me three!

Seriously though, back to the OP-Yes, they do run small. I used to work clothing retail and each year, the sizes would go down half an inch. So if say in 2002 you wore a size 7, in 2003 you'd be in a size 9 ect.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing...
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know... they're so retardedly priced and I don't see the big deal about buying a shirt with a stores brand printed all across it. Yay, I'm spending a BUNCH of money on a cheaply made shirt, AND I'm walking FREE advertisement for you... I think it's to pay for all their decorations...
  • jenneal89
    Options

Me three!

Seriously though, back to the OP-Yes, they do run small. I used to work clothing retail and each year, the sizes would go down half an inch. So if say in 2002 you wore a size 7, in 2003 you'd be in a size 9 ect.

Ok, thank you :smile:
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I live near their "only store in Germany" but I've never been in there. The whole concept seems silly to me. My friend went in there a couple weeks ago, though. She's about my size and while she was just looking at clothes, a clerk came up to her and was all like "We don't have XL!" in this really rude tone. Uh...thanks?! My friend was with another friend who's gay and he enjoyed all the topless guys a lot, though. :laugh:
  • jenneal89
    Options
    I wouldn't know... they're so retardedly priced and I don't see the big deal about buying a shirt with a stores brand printed all across it. Yay, I'm spending a BUNCH of money on a cheaply made shirt, AND I'm walking FREE advertisement for you... I think it's to pay for all their decorations...

Yea I don't buy the shirts. I just have one pair of jeans from there that I got last October. I'm having trouble finding stores that sell clothing that fits me over here in the UK
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Yea I don't buy the shirts. I just have one pair of jeans from there that I got last October. I'm having trouble finding stores that sell clothing that fits me over here in the UK

That's understandable then. I just don't really shop or like any stores like that. haha. But for a small frame I guess you would have as many issues as a larger person shopping. Not everyone thinks that! But yes, I have heard the store runs very small as they are aimed for a tiny girl type.