Dukan Diet

Options
I decided to switch things up a bit and try the Dukan Diet to keep life interesting. Does anyone else do this? I'll be in the attack phase starting Monday and I'd love any advise about keeping food interesting yet and whatever else I need to know. No negative comments please if you don't personally like the diet, I'm working with my primary care provider who was a dietician for 7 years before becoming a provider so I trust her and I also work with her :)
Thanks!!

Replies

• AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Dawn, I looked up the Dukan diet and didn't see the meal plan, but it seemed to focus on "phases" for weight loss. I don't see anything wrong with that. Whatever works for you, as long as it's safe! I wish you all the best of luck. You can do it!
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Haven't done it myself but my friend had good results, so best of luck to you!
  • Sobeautiful2011
    Options
    Hi, the diet is great and I predict you'll have good success! SoBeautiful2011
  • cutiepieinchi
    Options
    A friend of mine did very well with this..good luck!
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about it, but I 100% think there is no need for a diet, it is about making a healthy lifestyle change to lose the weight. I hope it works for you regardless.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    The diet works great but I found the food choices restrictive. Also count on being "backed up" while your body adjusts. I find this way on MFP easiest of all and more fulfilling. It's a simple equation. Eat better and less and exercise more. Exercise is essential. No diet-DUKAN or otherwise will keep you thinner in the long run. Life change is the only lasting thing that works. Now if you are stubborn enough by all means incorporate DUKAN into your life change. It will work but without exercise I have little confidence.
  • fun7684
    fun7684 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently finishing my second day in the attack phase. I signed up for the coaching on the website to get menus and a realistic weight rather than choosing to read the book. The food so far has been good and I have lost 1 pound and several inches. The food is very involved and requires a lot of cooking. You will not get a good shopping list until they update your menus each morning. This is inconvenient because 1. I like to make my food in advance 2. You can't really shop for the menus till the day of. What I started doing was taking items from the previous day and making them for the following day.

I started doing it because a friend of mine wanted me to do it with her. I have lost 26 pounds and she lost 33 pounds simply making lifestyle and diet changes, so this was just for fun basically. Oddly enough, the one thing I miss a lot is salads. I have been having several everyday for the past few months, so to be told absolutely no fruits and veggies took some getting used to. However, I will be able to add veggies back on Tuesday........Yay! good luck.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    If you trust your provider's knowledge, then by all means do what works for you. I personally would have a hard time not having any fruits or vegetables. I wish you success. Let us know how it is working for you.
  • amandahope79
    amandahope79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Dukan Diet since July 23rd. So almost 2 months on Sunday. I love it and it is working great for me. I did the attack phase for 10 days and lost about 12 pounds. I am on the second phase now and have lost a total of 32 pounds. It hasn't been hard except for the planning you must do. I don't eat fast food at all and just eat healthy. You can still eat out and have lean protein and vegetables. Once you get to the second phase you can add vegetables back in and have your salads, etc. Because of all the protein I am never hungry and love the results. I don't crave the carbs and it has been a lifestyle change for me. But it is one I am happy with and is very manageable.

I never had any of the additional coaching or even bought the book. I just went online and read about it and have gone from there. I have several other family members who are also doing this with me. We have lost about 75 pounds combined doing this for the past 2 months. If you have any questions please let me know. Good Luck!
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Its extremely effective, but you really need to respect the guidelines. I was unable to complete it because I'm a huge fruit eater, but I have a good friend who did excellent on it and loved it...
  • momto2lovelykids
    momto2lovelykids Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i have been yoyo-ing with the dukan since 2 years ago.
    you will pile all the weight right back on,i advice you to just start
    by eating fruits and veggis with 3 decent meals a day, walking to start with
    and using mfp to log calories and drinking more water .goodluck.
  • ripley1002
    Options
    I am just starting the dukan diet. Can you tell me a bit about how you felt during the attack phase?
    Can you really eat as much protein as you like, should I also be very conscious of calories?
    How did you approach the initial stage?
  • infertilefatty
    Options
    I just started the DUKAN diet 3 days ago.

Ive been on many calorie controlled diets but don't lose much weight on them at all, and have cravings that would make even the most sane of us crazy.

I went on ATKINS about 6 months ago for a week, and actually gained 2kg, or 4.4 pounds.

A few months ago I started a diet which was similar to Dukan but much more restrictive. It was made up of 3 snacks of 50g protein food each, and 3 meals of 100g protein food. I was allowed unlimited sugar free soda and diet jelly, and had to drink at least 2 litres of water a day. I was using the bodytrim advantage bars instead of my 50g snack every now and then as well. I had no cravings really, just a little envy watching my husband eating KFC and McDonalds.

I was on the diet for 10 days, and lost 7 kilos, or 15.4 pounds. (I am serious!)

I stopped as I was starting a cycle of fertility treatments, then got pregnant that month after trying to conceive for 2.5 years, but unfortunately had an ectopic pregnancy :(

Its about 2 weeks since my emergency surgery to remove my ectopic pregnancy. Ive gone on birth control for 3 months while the methotrexate injection leaves my system (it didnt work anyway, and I needed surgery) so what a great opportunity to go on a really strict diet to get my weight back down!

I started the Dukan diet 2 days ago, and Duromine 30mg, prescribed by my doctor, at 120.7 kilos. The next day, I was 119.9 kilos. Then today, I was 118.1kg. That's 2.6 kilos, or 5.7 pounds in 2 days!

I'm finding the Dukan diet just as effective as my other most effective diet. Ive been loving that I don't have to weigh my protein foods, I can just eat as much as I want. I don't stuff myself obviously. I haven't been eating the oat bran, because I worry it will send me back out of ketosis, therefore halting my weight loss. I'm going to stay in the "Attack" phase for 3 months, much longer than recommended I know. I haven't been hungry much at all, which is probably mostly due to the Duromine.
    I always get really severe diarrhoea on protein diets for the first few days but I take some immodium which helps until my tummy settles.
    Ive found the diet really good, I love that I am allowed yoghurt, cream cheese and skim milk. There are heaps of awesome recipes online as well, the website www.mydukandiet.com is great. Im making the lemon cheesecakes tomorrow :) Ive been trying to find the perfect sugar free meringue recipe, I made a batch already but they were too crumbly.

If you are thinking about the diet, dont bother buying the books, i bought the original one and a recipe one, but theres nothing in there you cant find easily online, or on the Dukan official website.

Hopefully my luck continues with this diet! Wish me luck!