Jeans? (RANT WARNING!!!)

Options
RANT WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!:explode:

Ok is it just me or do you all have this problem as well? When I get up in the morning and put my jeans on they are really, really tight and hard to zip and button, but then about halfway through the day they are so big that I am literally having to hold them up and it will look like I have no butt because they are so baggy and I will have people at work make comments like " gosh girl are you ever gonna buy new pants?" or " we could fit 2 of you in there" and one guy even jokingly brought me a zip tie to cinch them up with. I'm not sure If I need to go down a size or not because I would not be able to button them in the morning. I just want pants that fit when I put them on and fit when I take them off. Don't say stretch jeans though because I think those look disgusting and I hate them.:sick:

Replies

• zeala
    zeala Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've had that problem too, so I use a belt. In the morning simply have it on very lose, and then later just tighten it. It doesn't help with the saggy butt look, but at least I dont have to keep pulling them up.
  • Maribela86
    Maribela86 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think your probably buying jeans with some percentage of stretch. I have this problem because I can't find jeans without stretch in them! Anyway the jeans fit right and throughout the day they get looser and saggier on my butt because they stretched out and when I wash/dry them again they're good. I would look for jeans with absolutely no stretch in them and see if it helps.. I think Express has a few pairs
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Alot of jeans now have a little stretch in them. Do the ones you wear have them? Because I have the same problem., Not as bad I dont need to hold them up half way through the day but they are deff looser. weird. Also completley off topic but just AS annoying. Ill buy a nice pair of shoes and they fit..but then after wearing them a couple times they strectch or something to the point when I cant wear them because they are way to big!!!!!
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Do you dry your pants in the dryer... Jeans are notortious for shrinking in the heat of a dryer, try letting them air dry instead! Just a thought
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    Interesting!! Same thing happened to me just yesterday. Went to buy more jeans and the sales lady said what I had on looked big. Yeah I had been wearing them all day. Try a smaller size on and could not get them on. The size I had on was good right off the rack or out of the dryer. Then just wait a few hours.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Do the jeans you wear have any stretch in them at all. I know a lot the jeans now have a little bit of spandex in them. They are tight when you put them on, but as the day goes on the stretch of the spandex starts to loosen. It's so frustrating. I bought a new pair to celebrate hitting 50 lbs and a few hours into the 2nd time I wore them someone asked when I was going to buy new jeans.
  • Gigi40
    Gigi40 Posts: 171
    Options
    I was told by a sales lady that if you are buying jeans w/stretch in them to buy them a size smaller so after the first couple hours then they will fit perfect. It does work & it give me a boost of motivation when my jeans are tight.
  • lesada
    Options
    Oh god! I know EXACTLY what you mean! I leave the house feeling like I look fine, then come lunch time I feel frumpy like I'm wearing my P.J.'s. I dont' know how to fix it, I've noticed some do it more than others, but most of them do it. I'm not a fan of stretch jeans either. I have noticed that it looks better in the flare jeans that I wear, versus the more fitted ones. That way it blends into the style of the pants, but either way I still feel frumpy. Please let me know if you figure out how to fix it, I have no clue!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    I have that EXACT same problem!!!!

I thought it was just me!!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The denim weave is getting loose during the day and the more you move (bend, reach, sit, etc) the worse it will get. If you haven't ever, try putting on the same pair of jeans the next morning...they'll fit nice and loose again just like the previous afternoon. Try the line drying idea, or get them out a day early and wear them a bit to open the fabric up. I have the same problem with freshly washed & dried jeans.
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    It's pretty annoying that most jeans have the stretch fabric. Then they wonder how we all let the weight creep up on us....lol
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, but I don't have many jeans with stretch in them. Stupid clothing companies are trying to trick us!
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Totally agree with the stretch jeans. Perfect in the morning, falling off before lunch time. I have some Express Sarula (I think that is what they are), that are great and do NOT stretch - I can wear them days in a row and they always fit the same.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I think your probably buying jeans with some percentage of stretch. I have this problem because I can't find jeans without stretch in them! Anyway the jeans fit right and throughout the day they get looser and saggier on my butt because they stretched out and when I wash/dry them again they're good. I would look for jeans with absolutely no stretch in them and see if it helps.. I think Express has a few pairs

I have this problem too! The only jeans that don't do that are ones that I bought from the Gap.
  • stacyoct19
    stacyoct19 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    OMG! I sooooooooooo have this problem. My husband makes fun of me because it appears that I don't have a booty. But I know I'm not ready to go down a size. Part of my problem is I have a big belly. My thighs aren't that big in comparison so when I buy jeans they are typically always a little bigger in the legs than I need. I have to be able to get them around my waist. And they don't really make "big girl jeans" without a little bit of stretch. I can understand, because this makes for a more flattering look. But that only lasts a while.

I just walk around like I crapped my pants. I don't know what else to do!!! I don't want that muffin top lol!
  • lemonllama
    lemonllama Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Maybe buy a size smaller and dont dry them in dryer, hang dry, so theyre not too tight to get on but stay the same size all day?
  • MereBear_81
    MereBear_81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Glad to know I'm not the only one with this issue! I recently bought a pair of Rerock jeans from Express and they are the first pair that I have not had this issue with. They do loosen up a tiny bit, but not near as much as all my other jeans.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    I used to have this problem too! I buy stretch jeans, but thats only because I can't be picky about where I shop and the places I can only carry stretch. I find that the stretch jeans are fine as long as they are thick denim. I also add fabric softener to the wash then dry them on a hanger. My mom swears that drying them on a hanger or line makes the fabric last longer as opposed to drying them in the dryer. It has worked so far. If I get lazy about laundry (it is my least favorite chore!) I can wear them for two days before they start stretching out. Hope this helps.