Veggie Calories?

Ok, I know this question has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find it in the history...

Do any of you count the calories in your veggies? If not, why?

The reason I'm wondering this is because I'm having a huge homemade salad for lunch. I, of course, would count the cals in the toppings like meat and cheese and dressing, etc. but should I count it for the lettuce and the tomato?... Help! :tongue:

Replies

• Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Ok, I know this question has been asked before, but I cannot seem to find it in the history...

Do any of you count the calories in your veggies? If not, why?

The reason I'm wondering this is because I'm having a huge homemade salad for lunch. I, of course, would count the cals in the toppings like meat and cheese and dressing, etc. but should I count it for the lettuce and the tomato?... Help! :tongue:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    I do... I mean aren't we suppose to count every calorie that we eat? If not then please let me know! haha
  • rachieb1013
    rachieb1013 Posts: 75 Member
    I count the calories in everything I eat....including all my veggies.
    I have a salad a few times a week and I count the calories (even though they aren't much) in all my veggies!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    I count it. I don't want to get in the habit of not counting it just because I don't think it has very many calories. It's practically nothing, but you might be shocked at how many calories some veggies have!
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    I definitely count them...not so much for the calories but to keep track of my nutrients.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    If I eat it, I log it.
  • blondeheat
    blondeheat Posts: 254 Member
    I count it, but I just put in a standard 30 calories per salad for the lettus and don't measure it. If I'm off a little, it can't make too much different with how little the lettus is! I also have started using red wine vinegar for the salad dressing - 0 calories! With some dried cranberries and low fat feta. Yum!
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    If I eat it, I log it.

I agree, if it goes in my mouth....goes in the log. Every little calorie adds up!!!
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    ok, that's what I thought and I've always counted my calories, but then I heard about that other post where people were saying that they rarely counted the calories in veggies and it made me question what I've been doing. I guess I'll keep counting them then, what can it hurt right?!

Thanks all!:happy: