Liquid Diet Today

Options
I have to be on a liquid diet today (broth, soda, tea, jello, etc.) because I'm prepping for a test tomorrow, and I'm starving. The jello and broth, along with the water, is just not cutting it. The day will get worse, too, I have to go for a colonoscopy and have to take a bunch of cleansing medicine (dulcolax and miralax) this afternoon, which will have me in the bathroom the rest of the day. Anyone else ever have to do this? How bad does it get?

Replies

• vfe21
    vfe21 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have done this too- you can also eat anything high sugar that is rapidly digested e.g. white bread etc - basically things that are conventionally "bad" foods because they contain no fibre and pass through the gut v quickly. Overall its not fun- just keep taking liquids with sugar to keep your blood sugar up regularly and lots of water.
  • giuliacarpenter
    giuliacarpenter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I have had many tests before .... I feel for you.

The hunger part is hard just keep drinking water and do stuff (NOT WATCH TV) to get your mind off of food. If you watch TV turn the commercials OFF or just watch a movie. I found every time I had a test all the commercials on TV were food. I swear each one was food or the show I was watching was talking about food.

The stuff that you need to take that will clean out your bowels will not make you hungry anymore. Just keep your head in the game and it will be over tomorrow. The test is not that bad you will be sedated so it will be very relaxed.

Good Luck I hope everything comes back healthy for you :)
  • zorri
    zorri Posts: 2
    Options
    I have had several colonoscopies and it seems every doctor gives something different. I fear that things may get a little uncomfortable because of the Miralax and Duculex. If you ever have to do it again, ask your doctor for Moviprep. It's very gentle and no cramping. If you are eating jello I'm sure your doctor told you no reds (red juice, red jello, etc). It affects the results of the test. As for the hunger, hmm, that's a tough one. You are going to feel hungry but you should look at the positive side...by the time you are all cleaned out and step on the scale you will have lost weight. I would just suggest, if your doctor hasn't already told you, is to stay hydrated. Drink lots of fluids. And after the test they will tell you to go back to eating solids SLOWLY. Trust me, if you don't you get this horrible cramping. Good Luck on your test.. :smile: