B4 and After pics - NOW TELL THE TRUTH!

Options
OK - so here is the question. When I see the after pics of mostly men, it looks to me like a fair number of them are taking the final after picture immediately following a major upper body workout at the gym.

Now I have lifted weights all my life and I know that post workout, everything looks bigger and more defined. When I am in rest mode, it definately is not as "pumped up".

Let me tell you, the B4 & After photos really motivate me to keep going, but I really gotta say - I am wondering, Do you think that a lot of people are taking the after pictures post a nice grueling upper body workout?

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    im a chick and we usually dont take after pics while we're all swolled up.

BUT, I WILL take one at a specific time for this reason.

The week after my period, when Ive done consistent cardio and at least two weight sessions for the last ten days and have not yet had any water for the day so Im about 12 hours dehydrated.

^truth
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

The week after my period, when Ive done consistent cardio and at least two weight sessions for the last ten days and have not yet had any water for the day so Im about 12 hours dehydrated.

^truth

I love you. And that picture :)

And men, I approve of post-workout photos. Feel free to post them with wild abandon.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I dunno, i just photoshop them
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    YES WILD ABANDON EVERYWHERE

Or better yet.....

POST PICS OF YOU DURING A WORKOUT.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I dunno, i just photoshop them

^this
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

^truth

Exact same for me...one week after period after strenght training in the morning before eating or drinking anything. This is the only time I step on the scale too
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I think it makes sense for men to take most of their pics pumped up. Everything just looks more impressive that way.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    OK - so here is the question. When I see the after pics of mostly men, it looks to me like a fair number of them are taking the final after picture immediately following a major upper body workout at the gym.

Now I have lifted weights all my life and I know that post workout, everything looks bigger and more defined. When I am in rest mode, it definately is not as "pumped up".

Let me tell you, the B4 & After photos really motivate me to keep going, but I really gotta say - I am wondering, Do you think that a lot of people are taking the after pictures post a nice grueling upper body workout?

Just because they are flexing or doing it after a serious pump doesn't mean the muscles aren't there bud.
  • Ms_Steel
    Options
    I am a fan of swelling.
  • wsuduce
    wsuduce Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have done both. There is a difference, but why would you not want to look your best? Go with what works!
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options

^truth

Your icon and countdown have made my day, while I have nothing relevant to say about your post.
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of swelling.

ME TOO!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    So, I came to this thread out of curiosity, but got sidetracked staring at semperfit1823. Looking good!

On to the topic at hand. I really don't care if they look more defined post workout for their after pictures. I'm pretty sure everybody takes their after pics at whatever time or after whatever activity makes them look their best.
    Okay, that's a partial lie, I do care. I'm a sucker for some well-defined muscles. Keep it up men!
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Actually, my before and after pics are at the end of the night when I am most bloated bc I feel like if I can look favorably at myself when I am at my worst and see an improvement from a month or 2 ago, I've made progress
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The only things I care about is that my stomach isn't too puffy from having just ate, and I don't have strange creases on my body from clothes, bedsheets or slouching at my desk too much.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The only things I care about is that my stomach isn't too puffy from having just ate, and I don't have strange creases on my body from clothes, bedsheets or slouching at my desk too much.

*instantly straightens her posture* 9_9;
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I do all my weighing, measurements, and pics in the morning first thing. No post workout photos for this guy! I like to be as real as possible. But I do agree you tend to look better after a good lift.
  • tppchef
    tppchef Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It's all good! Even the Insanity workouts are better when all the men start taking off their shirts! Looking a man who is admiring himself is much sexier than looking at a man sitting in the living room drinking a beer.
  • semperfit1823
    Options
    So, I came to this thread out of curiosity, but got sidetracked staring at semperfit1823. Looking good!

On to the topic at hand. I really don't care if they look more defined post workout for their after pictures. I'm pretty sure everybody takes their after pics at whatever time or after whatever activity makes them look their best.
    Okay, that's a partial lie, I do care. I'm a sucker for some well-defined muscles. Keep it up men!

Thank you! :)
  • shannabeauvais
    Options
    o i love the pump after i lift! love it! i say take em! :)