Where did you meet your spouce/bf/gf/partner?

Options

Replies

• artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at work 4 years ago. We are both nurses and used to work on the same ward...until we got married a year and a half ago, then I changed to acute psych due to hospital policy that we couldnt work together if married on the same unit.
  • jeleclekat
    jeleclekat Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Telecompanions (telephone dating service in Atlanta, Ga) Voicemailed a couple of times, then exchanged phone numbers,, talked a couple of weeks, had first date, married 6 wks later. It's now 18 yrs later.:)
  • artickb22
    artickb22 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby at the adult movie store that he and his friend had started not long before... I had met one of his other friends through a personals ad on Craigslist and when his friend found out that I was a "passion consultant" (i.e. selling bedroom toys) I was asked to come by the store to see if we could partner up somehow on the toy sales. The rest is history! :-)

I think this is pretty freakin cool!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    We'll just stick with school....hahahaha.
  • butterflyqueen1984
    Options
    Through the internet 2yrs ago! Never looked back, now have brought a house together kids next! ha ha
  • Chuckempire
    Options
    MFP <3 NINA
  • Damion72
    Damion72 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    at a store in the mall. She was my boss.
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    high school... been dating for 6.5 years:love::blushing:
  • jenypri
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    On an e-mail group of fans of the show "friends." Way back in 1995! We were e-mail friends for 4 years before we ever met in person, and once we did we were married in 4 months (October 1999).
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    We were on the same soccer team when we were four but I didn't actually get to know him until we were 15 and he started dating my best friend. (My husband and I didn't start dating until later when I was 19 and they had broken up.)
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend senior year of high school back in 2004, but we didn't start dating until 2010. We had a very strong and solid friendship and I think that's why it works. He's my best friend :love:
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    myyearbook.com (now meetme) been together for a few months :)
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I met my wife, of now 6 years, at my old guitarists house. I walked by her, said hi, and that was really it. The better illicit story of how we got to the point of dating is better. :)
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    strip bar...I mean...the 24 hour library.
  • Scribetoo
    Scribetoo Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    We met volunteering with a travelling non-profit group together. His oldest was teaching, his youngest was participating. Since he had grown sons, I thought he was incredibly sexy but probably married so I kept my hands to myself!

After I left, we kept talking.. and it turned out, he wasn't married after all!

Lucky me! Been together (though long distance) a little over a year.
  • bella24xo
    bella24xo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    he was in a frat and i was in a sorority in at our college...we were friends for 4 yrs and finally started dating and i couldnt be happier :)
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    A paaaaaarty! The first night I met him he made out with my best friend!
  • TooSexy4MyBody
    Options
    Believe it or not on Craigs list. Still going strong 3 years later

Likewise! I met mine through Craigs List too. Very weird scenario, but 3 years later and we're getting married! I couldn't be happier.

I do believe that OKCupid.com and other dating sites are a good place to start too, IF you're totally honest with who you are and what you really want, and take as many of the "tests" that you can fit in. It helps the computer filter the right people to your "quiver" to look over and decide whether or not you want to contact them. I never used match.com or eharmony or others, but I like OKCupid because it's free. I suppose that could lead to lots of creeps, which means you have to learn to weed out better. (a good practice to learn anyway!) -- Just some additional thoughts.
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    I met my husband playing games (MUDs) on the Internet 17 years ago. I was in Florida, he was in Wv. Back then that was very unusual and very risky (the Internet just got out of Bulletin boards - Windows 3.1 was just about to be replaced with Windows 98).

M.U.Ds (Multi User Dungeons), which is kind of a text based Dungeons and Dragons type game. We even programmed and ran one together for about 4 years. (the mud we created still exists today)

We talked for a year on the mud and the phone. I never saw a picture of him until the day I met him (though I sent him a pic of me).

We met for the first time face to face 16 years ago and have been together ever since. Good thing he was hot lol.

Oh yea...and my husband is 9 years younger than me, too ;-)