Where did you meet your spouce/bf/gf/partner?

Options

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    In a bar, 30 years ago. That night, she batter dipped my corn dog... and the rest, as they say, is history!
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    We worked together for several years. Mark and I were both married to other people and got divorced about the same time. He apparently had had a crush on me for years. When he found out I was divorced he swooped in. Dated 5.5 months before we got married. It will be 14 years next month.

I also met my ex-husband at the same company and he still worked there at the time - made for interesting gossip since most people had no idea either of us were divorced. One of my ex's friends saw Mark and I out on a date and told my ex he saw me out with another man - apparently he almost came over to confront us. My ex said "that's ok, I was out with someone else too"...lol
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby at the adult movie store that he and his friend had started not long before... I had met one of his other friends through a personals ad on Craigslist and when his friend found out that I was a "passion consultant" (i.e. selling bedroom toys) I was asked to come by the store to see if we could partner up somehow on the toy sales. The rest is history! :-)

I think this is pretty freakin cool!

LOL That's nothing... my ex-husband and I used to run an adult entertainment production company with dozens of websites. I walked into my 2nd hubby's video store and recognized half the people on the box covers from seeing them in person. :-p

I work in an office now.. LMAO
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Match.com. I met a lot of men through that. I was dating my SO and another guy at the same time when the other guy decided that the distance was too much. So I started dating my SO exclusively and we have been together ever since.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Worked together for 10 years, always fancied him but he was married, his wife had an affair and left him (should I say thanks?) and now we are soooooo happy together!
  • Maeiowa
    Maeiowa Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Met my hubby at my first day of my teaching career! I was a new teacher and he had a few years under his belt. That was 35 years ago, and we have been married for over 33 years!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    1st grade :)
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    He approached me at the Walmart deli. I was having a sh*ttastic day & stopped in after work to get some hard salami & colby jack cheese from the deli to go smash on. I was in a pretty rough place and doing a ton of emotional eating at that point of my life. Anyway, I got my hard salami alright... :heart:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a BBQ my mum and dad had... when I was 9! Started dating when I was 15, got married at 21.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Fetlife.

vdymi.gif
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    We met on Match.com a little over 3 years ago. We got married in February. Love him so much! :) He is on here too so we are motivating each other which is really nice.
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    Options
    First day of kindergarten.

I couldn't stand him all through school.

When I was working as an EMT in college, I had to use the police department as back up on a call and guess who was my officer... Yay for criminals needing emergency care at 3am.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The lowest of the low...
    Craigslist
    (but it's really not as terrible/creepy as it sounds)

Don't judge me! :tongue:
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We met the first day of freshman year, just before our first class. That was 12 years ago and we are closing in on our 4th wedding anniversary.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    spouce. ha
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Plentyoffish.com

Me too....:)
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    1st grade :)

woowww 1st grade. ya'll been together FORRREVVVERRRR!!!
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I met my bf 9-10 years ago... He is my brother's friend. We have only been dating for about 3 years though.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Plenty of fish.... there are some on there not just looking for nookie lol
  • WendyA1119
    Options
    Met my love on the bus. He was the bus driver and my son (who was 6 at the time) started speaking to him. Conversation grew over the course of 2 months and then we had our first date. 2 years later we are still enjoying good conversation. :)