Where did you meet your spouce/bf/gf/partner?

Replies

• BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    In a bar, 30 years ago. That night, she batter dipped my corn dog... and the rest, as they say, is history!
  • jemachharo
    jemachharo Posts: 144 Member
    We worked together for several years. Mark and I were both married to other people and got divorced about the same time. He apparently had had a crush on me for years. When he found out I was divorced he swooped in. Dated 5.5 months before we got married. It will be 14 years next month.

I also met my ex-husband at the same company and he still worked there at the time - made for interesting gossip since most people had no idea either of us were divorced. One of my ex's friends saw Mark and I out on a date and told my ex he saw me out with another man - apparently he almost came over to confront us. My ex said "that's ok, I was out with someone else too"...lol
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    I met my hubby at the adult movie store that he and his friend had started not long before... I had met one of his other friends through a personals ad on Craigslist and when his friend found out that I was a "passion consultant" (i.e. selling bedroom toys) I was asked to come by the store to see if we could partner up somehow on the toy sales. The rest is history! :-)

I think this is pretty freakin cool!

LOL That's nothing... my ex-husband and I used to run an adult entertainment production company with dozens of websites. I walked into my 2nd hubby's video store and recognized half the people on the box covers from seeing them in person. :-p

I work in an office now.. LMAO
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,174 Member
    Match.com. I met a lot of men through that. I was dating my SO and another guy at the same time when the other guy decided that the distance was too much. So I started dating my SO exclusively and we have been together ever since.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Worked together for 10 years, always fancied him but he was married, his wife had an affair and left him (should I say thanks?) and now we are soooooo happy together!
  • Maeiowa
    Maeiowa Posts: 30 Member
    Met my hubby at my first day of my teaching career! I was a new teacher and he had a few years under his belt. That was 35 years ago, and we have been married for over 33 years!
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    1st grade :)
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    He approached me at the Walmart deli. I was having a sh*ttastic day & stopped in after work to get some hard salami & colby jack cheese from the deli to go smash on. I was in a pretty rough place and doing a ton of emotional eating at that point of my life. Anyway, I got my hard salami alright... :heart:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    I met my husband at a BBQ my mum and dad had... when I was 9! Started dating when I was 15, got married at 21.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Fetlife.

vdymi.gif
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    We met on Match.com a little over 3 years ago. We got married in February. Love him so much! :) He is on here too so we are motivating each other which is really nice.
  • First day of kindergarten.

I couldn't stand him all through school.

When I was working as an EMT in college, I had to use the police department as back up on a call and guess who was my officer... Yay for criminals needing emergency care at 3am.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    The lowest of the low...
    Craigslist
    (but it's really not as terrible/creepy as it sounds)

Don't judge me! :tongue:
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    We met the first day of freshman year, just before our first class. That was 12 years ago and we are closing in on our 4th wedding anniversary.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    spouce. ha
  • doin_it
    doin_it Posts: 414 Member
    Plentyoffish.com

Me too....:)
  • 1st grade :)

woowww 1st grade. ya'll been together FORRREVVVERRRR!!!
  • kiely13
    kiely13 Posts: 185 Member
    I met my bf 9-10 years ago... He is my brother's friend. We have only been dating for about 3 years though.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Plenty of fish.... there are some on there not just looking for nookie lol
  • Met my love on the bus. He was the bus driver and my son (who was 6 at the time) started speaking to him. Conversation grew over the course of 2 months and then we had our first date. 2 years later we are still enjoying good conversation. :)