1lb. Ground sirloin....what to make for dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Taco's, loaded with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, salsa and just a sprinkle of cheese. I made a huge pot of vegetarian chili the other night.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It is a blah rainy day here, so if it were me I would make chili or a vegtable beef soup

I was just about to post the same thing about chili and for the same reason. It's been raining here for days and we just finished up a pot of delicious low calorie chili.
  • Ninjajenna
    Ninjajenna Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Get a green bell pepper, tomato, and onion. Chop them up and cook with the sirloin, add a can of Manwich and you have the perfect comfort food!!! I'll just put some in a bowl and skip the whole bun thing.
  • ccdog812
    ccdog812 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stellaskies
    stellaskies Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    dang, now I want a bowl of chili.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Add in some salsa and beans with spices. Almost like chili!
  • Try this.

brown your ground beef with simple seasoning like a pinch of salt and pepper, if you like spicy, add red pepper flakes.

Get a spaghetti squash (should be in stores now) cut it in half (long ways) and fill a casserole dish with water and place each half meat side down in about 3/4 inch deep of water.

Microwave for 12 minutes. take it out and fork out the meat of the squash.

Take your favorite spaghetti sauce out and heat up.

Spaghetti squash and meatballs and sauce. It's a delicious comfort food and healthy to boot!:happy:

Enjoy!
    Denise
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I made Skinny Taste Cuban Picadillo last night and it was very tasty and quick.

My wife is Cuban, we have picadillo, rice and black beans all the time. Looooooove me some cuban food!