Does anyone else plan their days in advance?

Options

Replies

• bloomingolive
    Options
    I do for the most part. I always go in and alter, but it gives me an idea of what I'm dealing with for the day.

Ditto!
    I usually take some time to myself after dinner, and I think about what I would like to eat the next day and log it.
    I start with breakfast, and I try to keep it as simple and low-cal as possible.
    Then I work my way throughtout the day!

Planning in advance allows me to distribute my calories evenly throughout the day :)
    I'm a very visual person, so actually seeing the numbers helps me stick to my plan!
    Of course I change my mind every now and then, but then I can adjust other meals as well to follow the plan!
  • benne1992
    Options
    I do it everyday as well. I also plan my meals for the week on Sunday so I know exactly what I will have on what days, then I can plan my lunch and snacks accordingly. If I deviate from what I log I go in and change it. This way keeps me on track. I've lost all the weight I target to loose plus two and I've maintained that weight for months.
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Sure! Motivates me, keeps me on track and makes me look forward to the day ahead of food!

I'm not so focused at the weekends!
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I pre log so I can make sure my macros are hit as well as calories. Since I eat minus TDEE I don't worry about exercise calories. I find it helps a lot to make sure I bring all the food with me I need for the day to work and know what I am going to eat for a snack when I get home.
  • rcillo219
    rcillo219 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    If I wake up and know exactly what I'm eating all day then yes I do. I sometimes have leftovers night for dinner once every couple of weeks depending on whats in the fridge, so those days I do not log the whole day because I never know what I may decide for dinner. For the most part logging my whole day in the morning helps keep me on track.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I always pre-plan my meals. It works for me. It definitely keeps me on track.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Yes. Im a planner by nature. But I have closed out the day over then realized I didnt eat something. Oops.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Options
    Yes! It helps me in grocery shopping (plus keeping the costg down) and commited to my food goals (water,veggie,grain all that good stuff intake)
  • nlenz16
    Options
    Almost always! I log breakfast, lunch and dinner in advance for the day so that I know how many calories I have to work with when it comes to snacks, etc! :)
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Kind of. I always log my breakfast, lunch, and snacks first thing in the morning so I know how much I can indulge for dinner. I love dinner. :heart:
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    On most days I know what I will be making for dinner, so I will log it. This makes it easier to make choices through the rest of the day to keep to my calorie goal and macros.
  • chocolateandpb
    chocolateandpb Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I plan out my next day's meals at bed time each night. This way I can pack whatever I'm going to bring to work the night before and just grab it in the morning instead of stressing all day about what I'm going to eat.

I do this too! And every week I sit down at my computer and decide what recipes I want to make the following week/weekend (usually picking ones I've found on Pinterest or other online sources). I make a list of the recipes, the ingredients for each, then go through my kitchen to see which ingredients I have on hand and which I need to buy. I keep a running grocery list on my smartphone, so when I notice one of my staples is running low I immediately add it to the list. Doing these things makes it so much easier to eat healthy!
  • melb2003
    Options
    I do that too. Not all days, but especially when I feel like I'm falling off the wagon a little, I'll plan my days out in advance so that I have a good idea of what I'm eating the entire day.
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    absolutely. every day. I hated, in the beginning, finding out I only had 200 calories left for supper.... I sometimes plan my whole week out in advance if I have the time, but I tend to eat the same thing repeatedly...
  • fashionista954
    fashionista954 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes, I find that when I plan my days in advance it helps me to stick with my goals. It is especially helpful to plan what I'll be eating before going to restaurants vs. waiting until I get there.
  • Francesca3162
    Francesca3162 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing for breakfast, morning snack and lunch everyday.. with a few minor variations.
    I log that all in the morning.. Dinner is the creation of my chef husband, so it is generally portion size driven, as he can eat whatever he wants..........
    Take a peek at my diary if you need further explanation.
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    For the most part yes. On the days I work, I have everything up until dinner recorded before I walk out the door. And I always have the same thing after workouts for the most part. It def helps keep me in check!
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have too! I couldnt imagine not planning and making sure I had healthy stuff in to prepare or I would end up eating out of the chocloate machine at work each day (which is probably how I put the weigh on in the first place!!!)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I do this a lot. Sometimes before I go to bed at night, I have all three of the next days meals in and snacks too. It really helps me stick with it, and to know if I have room in the day anywhere for extra calories if I get snackish.
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yup, every night before I go to bed I pre-log the next day and pack my lunch/snacks. This way there's no question about what I'm going to have and when, and I'm less likely to be tempted by the bowls of candy and boxes of donuts that are always in the office.