TapOutXT Anyone?

Options
My husband and I recently started doing TapoutXT. We are at the end of week three. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if anyone knows how many calories they have burned doing the programs.
Thanks!

Replies

• MzTate81
    MzTate81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im on week 9 and i usually burn anywhere from 300 to over 500 depending on the workout and my intensity ... Im 5"1 and 205 so it really depends on you its good to have a HRM so you can know
  • TapoutAn
    Options
    Thanks Mztate. We need to invest in a HRM. Week 9. Good for you! It's an intense workout, but we keep gearing up for it everyday.
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Im on week 2 , i usually burn between 300 to 400 cals, im 145 pounds , i use a hrm to see my cals burnt
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm a few weeks in myself, but have restarted to week 1 due to sickness. Like MzTate81, my HRM says I burn anywhere between 300-550 calories depending on whether its more cardio based or more strength based. I'm 5'7" and 130. You could try logging it under circuit training?
  • hayleyb0788
    Options
    I just started a couple of days ago. I am worried that I am not getting the full extent I can out of it because I can barely do a pushup, which is what the first two DVDs have heavily featured (but it is not just a push up - it is a mega pop up crazy push up). Can someone who has been doing it attest to the fact that you start to be able to follow along better? I am definitely burning everywhere and my heart rate is up throughout, but it just concerns me a little that I fall behind or am unable to perform the moves sometimes. Thanks!
  • _workforit
    Options
    That program looks sick; can't wait to try it! Let me know what kind of results you see. Hoping to order it within the next few weeks!
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to get it. Mine is in being shipped right now and I am tracking it on the UPS site lol
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Insanity now... TapoutXT in my future. But I also want to do P90X so not sure which one will be first. Looks just like the fun I've come to hate loving.
  • TapoutAn
    Options
    I think I will be adding some Heart Rate Monitors into my Amazon shopping cart today!

Hayley, I can't do those pushups with the "POP" on the end either. I had an tendon injury in my foot this past May (in a boot for 7 weeks!) and I know I will tweak something. I modify things. And my pushups are pathetic. I've increased in the number I can do though! So stick with it.

Results, hmm. I'll have to let you know. I can say that my husband and I get up everyday and are excited to meet the challenge. It kicks our butts. I decided to do it mainly to support him. He had some spinal surgery about 18months ago and has worked really hard with physical therapy and at the gym to get back into shape. I'm looking forward to overall better health and fitness for myself. I need to tone up desperately. My husband says my arms are starting to have some definition to them.
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just started a couple of days ago. I am worried that I am not getting the full extent I can out of it because I can barely do a pushup, which is what the first two DVDs have heavily featured (but it is not just a push up - it is a mega pop up crazy push up). Can someone who has been doing it attest to the fact that you start to be able to follow along better? I am definitely burning everywhere and my heart rate is up throughout, but it just concerns me a little that I fall behind or am unable to perform the moves sometimes. Thanks!

My pushups are definitely better. I started out doing all knee pushups and am up to about half the dvd on my toes now (3 weeks in). Some of the variations are much harder on your toes (like the knee ups) so those are the ones I keep on my knees. It does get better! Even Mike says that you have to do whats right for you and that the people in the video couldnt do everything at the beginning either!
  • VickiBu
    VickiBu Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Where did you purchase tapout xt. Did anyone find it at a discounted price?
  • tiggern24
    tiggern24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband and I recently started doing TapoutXT. We are at the end of week three. Just wondering if anyone else has tried it and if anyone knows how many calories they have burned doing the programs.
    Thanks!

I love TapouT XT!! Mike Karpenko is so motivating and entertaining. I have done the first program 2 times and am now starting XT 2. I have loved the results I got from these programs, the muscles, weight lose, and endurance is great!! I would definitely buy it!! I wear my heart monitor every video and burn any where from 400 calories to 800 depending on each different video.