5'9" or close jean size

Options

Replies

• bellydancer124
    Options
    I'm 5' 9", 144 lbs., and I just started wearing a size 6 (!!!!!!). This is the size I want to be. :smile:
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and my goal jeans/dress/whatever size is 8 (6 would be awesome but I don't want to be unrealistic). Right now I weigh about 235 and I wear a size 16 (16 in the misses' section, 14 in the "women's" section). About 5 years ago I weighed 160 and wore size 8 in jeans, and that's what I want to get back to.
  • slainger
    slainger Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", weigh 155, and wear a 6 or 8 depending on the jeans. 8's are loose though... I'm happy where I'm at and don't think I'd ever get into a 4, my frame is large based on wrist measurement.
  • eltonelizabeth
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and wore a size 12 in January. After using My Fitness Pal every day and busting my butt at the gym I am now a size 6. I've lost 30 pounds so far and am down to 150lbs. I won't be losing any more weight because I'm now really thin around my hips, collar bone and shoulder blades. I don't like seeing my bones jut out like that.
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 and weigh 165. I am currently wearing size 10. I started at 260 and wore 20 plus. Depending on the store or brand I can wear some 8s. I am satisfied. No I am happy!
  • aimeelynnn
    aimeelynnn Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet 9 inches----I wll post my weights for various brands of jeans: 159 pounds barely can get in True Religion 32 waist, 170 pounds citizens of Humanity, Joe Jeans, AG Jeans. 220 pounds Not Your Daughters Jeans, American Eagle, Levis for women size 16, New York and Co. size 16 stretch jeans but they feel awful. My favorite weight and jeans is 159 in AG jeans, Joes Jeans and Citizen of Humanity jeans. My favorite for when I am 220 is American Eagle. Even when I am lower weight I can't buy real narrow slim jeans.
    Hope that helps, it is expensive to go up and down 60 pounds.
    Amy
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have no idea to be honest!! Whatever hip size fits a size 2! I have a medium frame if that's what you are asking about.

Umm sort of..Sizes just vary so much, I was just curious.. Thanks!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and I wear a 6/8 at 145.

Edited to add weight
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    5'8" here, size 6/8 depending on designer - 145lbs and 21% body fat. Right where I want to be!

I recently had some clothes taken in by a seamstress. I asked her what my *true* size was (too much vanity sizing out there) She told me a size 8 up top and a 6 below aka 'inverted triangle shape'
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm a 24 right now. I would be so happy with a 16.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and am wearing a 12 at 162lbs, but after reading all these posts, makes me wonder if I would fit into a 10 now! These are loose on my butt and waist for sure.
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 247 lbs. I don't know what size I currently wear as I have not bought new jeans since I started this journey. At 280 lbs I was wearing a 22 or a 24 depending on the brand. I don't have a real goal size but I know when I was down to a 12 last time, I was too skinny.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    5'8" 132 lbs size 8... I have one pair of NYDJ that are 6 (us). I think size 8 is a nice size for my height.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and size 10ish.... I want to be a 6 like I was before I had my son.
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I wear a size AU10 / US6-8 but I want to lose another half size.
  • coreyiscrazyful
    Options
    Im 5'10" and I wear a 12-13 in jeans and I currently weigh 208.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and currently weigh 223 and I currently wear a size 18 in jeans.

At my highest all time weight of 307 and all the way down to 272, I wore a size 22 jean. I then wore a size 20 in jeans all the way from about 260-230.

My goal (I think) is to be in a size 14 but I am pretty sure I'd still be around 190-ish because that's what I wore in 8th grade at that weight.
  • UltraStrutter
    UltraStrutter Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am around 110-112lbs and 5'9" wear a 23 or 24 depending on designer, size equivilant is anywear from a 2 to 00. XXS in active or running gear. My sister is the same but doesn't run and wears a 26-27 a much softer look , is toned but not as vascular equivilant size is a 6-8 so it all depends on your muscle tone.
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and currently 258 in a size 16 in most brands. At my lowest, in high school, I was about 169 and wearing a size 9/10. I've got some 14s (America Eagle) in my closet I'm hoping to get back into in the next 10-20 pounds, ultimate goal would be back in the 10 and under range! I have a hard time though because I carry all my weight in my stomach so jeans usually fit my legs/but really well and are tight in the waist =/
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    5'8 - size 4 sometimes 2