Options

Replies

• SkinnyBeth4Life
    SkinnyBeth4Life Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5'3" here

SW: 270 and size 22/24
    CW: 215ish and my 18s are a little loose but not enough to need a 16
    Edit: 16s might fit me, but I refuse to pay money for more clothes until I need a 14

Have you tried thrift stores while you are in transition? I found that it helped me to psychologically get into a new size as soon as I could.

Also,

5' 3.5" here.

HW 223 size 20
    SW 186 size tight 12
    CW 176 size tight 10
    UGW 135 hopefully single digit wedding dress.....*dreams*
  • crazylovergrl
    crazylovergrl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    5'7.5
    132 and a size four is getting a bit baggy...
    I lift! :)
  • BluthLover
    BluthLover Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    5'.2.5 CW 119
    26.5 waist 35" around fullest part of hips/butt

In women's I wear a comfortable size 2, in some brands a size 0 and I have a few 00 but that's clearly vanity sizing.
    In Jr's it usually a 3 or 5, sometimes a 1 again depending on brand.

SW close to 170..163 my first weigh in. 34" waist 42" hips.. I was wearing a 12 or 14 in womens. Couldn't fit into Jr sizing

I don't mean this to be rude, I'm just curious... but how are your sizes possible? I have the exact same measurements and I wear a US 6 (at 90% of stores)

this is another example of where body fat (more than likely) plays a key role in pants size. The less body fat you have, the smaller the size will be.

No, we have the same measurements. 26.5 inches of muscle and 26.5 inches of fat are the same amount of inches either way. We have the same hip measurement as well.

body fat is not measured in measurements alone. She stated she had 98 pounds of lean muscle mass, so COULD have less body fat, therefore making her sizes smaller. My response was just a guesstimate as I do not know either of your body fat, but generally, that makes a difference.

She stated her measurements, which is what clothing sizes are based on.........

I really wasn't trying to bunch your undies... But, seriously last summer I was 120 pounds wearing a size 6, with 24% body fat, then I gained weight and dropped body fat, i.e. 130 pounds wearing a size 2, with 18% body fat. The weight went up, body fat went down, clothing size went down.

Have you read what I was asking? the OP and I have the exact same body measurements (you know, measurements that are used for clothing sizes - inches around your waist, hips etc) but we wear drastically different sizes. Either she's shopping at a very generous place or I'm shopping at a very ungenerous place. See what I mean?

if you would like i will take a picture of me wearing every size 2 pant I own, including brands since this is seems to be huge issue for you. The brands vary but all standard every day available companies...merona, old navy, american eagle etc. I'm not trying to be rude but it's not like I would have any reason to lie, I've been up to a size 14 and have no shame in admitting that.

What i meant by body composition is shape. I'm high waisted so my waist size does not factor into sizing as much as someone who is perhaps short waisted. i'm also a seamstress and love to sew from vintage patterns. I've seen women with the same measurements but different sizes because of the curve and shape of their bodies.

If this doesn't clear it up for you then there isn't much more I can do :)

Her size makes total sense to me. I'm 135 and a size 4.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    5 4 I weigh 128 pounds and a size 10, I do have big hip bones so I'm happy size 10 fit me, I'll never be an 8 even if I lost anymore

You're like me! It's nice that there are actually others with my frame. It seems so rare.
  • aprilpd01
    aprilpd01 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5'5" ( I claim 5'6" sometimes because I've always wanted to be taller!) 197 -200lbs most days, and size 16-18 pants. 18's are huge in the waist but sometimes needed for my butt and huge thighs.
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    well...I'm 5'2.5 buuuut.....

I'm pear shaped, I'm 137 lbs and a size 7/8/9

Goal is size 4/5/6
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"/130lbs and wear 3s or 5s.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    5'4 174lbs
    Size 12
  • aylawill
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5", and currently at 131 lbs. My pant size is a 4-5, depending on the pants. At 150 (HW), I was a size 8-9.
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    5'5.5''
    139lbs
    size 8 (sometimes 6)
  • kathim429
    kathim429 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    5'5"

sw: 220 size 18w pants were tight
    cw: 203 size 16w are loose, but haven't been able to buy an smaller yet
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ugh here goes!

5'6
    189lbs
    Size 10~12 depending on what I'm buying...I don't try to fit into Juniors clothing, so IDK in odd sizes as some people are putting down.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weight 106-107 and wear a 0/1
  • madelonism
    madelonism Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    5'4

SW: 310lbs size 26 pants
    CW: 244 size 18 pants
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    Hw 228 size 18
    Cw 180 size 12...sometimes a 10!!
    Gw 148....who knows what size!...I'm curvy...God blessed me with hips...and boobs!!
  • raeraeti
    Options
    I feel like no one explained the muscle VS fat thing very well.

"People often say that muscle weighs more than fat, but that is a misstatement. Muscle is actually more dense than fat, so a pound of muscle takes up less space than fat. Another way to look at fat versus muscles is that a cubic inch of muscle will weigh more than a cubic inch of fat. Muscle is about 18 percent more dense than fat."

another explanation:

"...if your weight stayed exactly the same and we theortecially took off 5 lbs of fat from you and replaced it with 5 lbs of muscle, you would weigh exactly the same, but because muscle is more "dense" than fat, the 5 lbs of muscle takes up less space and so you would appear slightly leaner and/or thinner."
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    UK measurements here...

Height - 5' 5"

Starting weight/size - 16 stone/224lb, size 20

Current weight/size - 10 stone 3lb/143lb, size 10 - 12

Goal weight/size - 10 stone, size 10.
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    5'3" started at 140 pants size 9 pushing a 10
    currently 114 pants size 3
  • Heatherfev21
    Heatherfev21 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft3"

SW: 226lbs - Size 18
    CW: 203lbs - Size 18!!!!!

I am SO frustrated :(

I am slimming down, the jeans aren't as tight etc but it's so disheartening to lose but not be able to drop a size :(
  • draco706
    draco706 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    5ft3
    sz20 - too big now but haven't replaced.