Hot Chocolate

Options
Hollycat
Hollycat Posts: 372
I can't live without chocolate, especially around that time of month, so I've been searching for a tasty, 'filling' alternative that won't have me back in the kitchen foraging for more. The Answer: Hot Cocoa
Recipe:
In a VERY large mug
2/3 full with hot tap water
top up with 1/3 to 1/2 cup 1% milk
Microwave 2.5 minutes
Add: 1 heaping tablespoon Splenda and 1 rounded tablespoon dry Cocoa powder
stir like crazy
Sip with a spoon - just like a kid
I drink this just about every day to keep the cravings at bay and it works. Very soothing for the chocolate/sweet crazies and only about 90 calories. :drinker:

Replies

• pattitricia85
    Options
    I ahve sugar free hot chocolate a few times a week!!! Totally wipes out the sweet craving!!
  • prudychick
    Options
    Nestle and Swiss Miss also make sugar free hot chocolate. I like the Nestle one better, probably because it has a few more calories than the Swiss Miss one. :)
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amyhett5
    Options
    I LOVE THAT! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try that!!!
  • freakshow4hire
    Options
    im not sure how many calories are in the galaxy one but its amazing :)
  • rayche319
    Options
    i'm on south beach so that's how i make my hot chocolate...it's acutally really good!
  • mellers1313
    mellers1313 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I go the cadburys light sachets to try while shopping. Love Chocolate lol.
  • beachcomber
    Options
    love sugar free hot cocoa!!!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    To me a hot chocolate has to be made with milk, when it is done with water, it is really not good in my opinion. I decided to try it with skim milk. It is different, but it is still really good. I have always done it with the original Nesquick, I will try it with the sugar free Nesquick next time.