am i looking slimmer? or not?? ugh!!

Options
Omg ive lost about 30 lbs and the scale.sais i been losing more so why do ppl keep tellin me im gaining again ...... Is it even possible for the scale to say im losin but i still lookq like im getting bigger???? Im confused and feel like giving up :(

Replies

• rvf21402
    rvf21402 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It could be the clothes you are wearing. Sometimes the fit can make you appear bigger. You've lost a significant amount of weight. Congrats to you! The other possibility could be that they are just jealous of your success. Lol
  • Loose clothes can make you look larger so good on you! I'm sure you're losing (:
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    CincinnatiDEIFan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I agree that it could be the clothing. Have you bought new clothes that fit better? Or maybe clothes that are a bit snug now because you know you'll be losing more? Maybe they see the "snug fit" clothing and assume....

Either way your doing great so ignore the comments!
  • miranda170
    Options
    I wish they were jelouse lol but the ppl telling me are mom nd husband i used to diet nd workout but ive stopped working out about 3 weeks ago but still dieting and the scale still dropping could it be i.look bigger because i stoped working out? :/
  • bookwormwendy
    bookwormwendy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Spend a few dollars at the thrift store on better fitting clothes; it really helps others see your progress.
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    Options
    Could hubby and mom be trying to motivate you to go back to working out?
  • miranda170
    Options
    I wish they were jelouse lol but the ppl telling me are mom nd husband i used to diet nd workout but ive stopped working out about 3 weeks ago but still dieting and the scale still dropping could it be i.look bigger because i stoped working out? :/
  • kgordon88
    Options
    Definitely the clothes!. I also have lost most of my weight on my legs and arms. My tummy is still big, so clothes don't fit well right now and look really baggy around my butt and thighs.
  • kgordon88
    Options
    Dresses and skirts work well at this phase.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I kind of had a dilemma like this yesterday. I was walking up to a store and saw myself in the glass and looked gross. As a previous poster said though, bigger clothes make you look bigger. I was wearing a size 18 jeans and a big hoodie. Later on yesterday, I tried on a size 14 and they fit. =)
  • fatguyweightloss
    Options
    Depending on your diet could be losing weight but from muscle and not fat. Are you on a pretty severe calorie restriction diet with lots of cardio?
  • miranda170
    Options
    Yea could be cloths i do wear baggy jeans because i want to lose more before i buy n etjing else i went fron 171 to 136 trying to lose about 16 more im 5 foot tall nd yea my husbands been telling me to start working out again so it might be motavation i hope tjeyre comments are only trying to.motavate me :]
  • MeMaybe
    Options
    Scales don't have a personality or ability to tell you anything other than what you weigh. If they say you're loosing, you're loosing. x
  • happypath101
    Options
    Whatever the reason, just keep focussing on being healthy. You might want to whip out the tape measure and use that as a guide rather than the scale so much. Also, you may have been hiding a bit more before. And, I agree, time for a pretty new outfit - even if it's one you pull out from the back of the closet and you haven't worn for a while. Keep trucking!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. Like everyone is saying. It's most likely the clothes. I've lost 42 lbs and no one has really said anything. But i'm still wearing the same clothes so it's hard to tell.
  • CincinnatiDEIFan
    Options
    Not a very flattering way to try to motivate you, but well some husbands are not always spot on on the motivation etc. LOL. If that is his way to motivate Im sure he is trying to help....
  • miranda170
    Options
    I do eat good and im currently not working out but i went from size 15 to a 9 but ive been told im gaining again but the scale has been dropping ( i dont post every zingle thing i eat) lol
  • miranda170
    Options
    Lol hope so he did say hes trying to make me workout so hell get motavated to also workout
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    It can also be proportions. Lose more and top and the bottom looks bigger.

I was annoyed this morning because my pants are all loose and so my PANTS look dumpier than they did when I was bigger. URG.
  • hopsywopsy
    Options
    If you are in doubt, get a full bag of sugar/flour and check the scales for accuracy. Then take your measurements and check them regularly too. Then you can set your mum and hubbie straight. Don't give up - you are 30 lbs down and doing a great job!