Anyone tried to fry Cauliflower Pizza Crust?

Options
jojigirl
jojigirl Posts: 18 Member
Hi, I made a version of this last night - didn't quite get crispy even though the edges were nice and burnt looking. It was beautiful and tasty though :) Just occured to me that frying/searing it AFTER it's baked might give it the crispness I'm looking for? I'm thinking it might crisp up like a tortilla or something...

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Replies

• AndreaGrace29
    AndreaGrace29 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My cousin did it! She loved it! She blogged about it! Here you go:

http://runningmyashoff.wordpress.com/

LOL she said: Try to savor it because you will love it so much that you will want to inhale it. :)

Edited: Oh shoot. I thought you asked if anyone TRIED it.. I didnt see "fry".. lol.. whoops. Sorry.
  • zoeluiisa
    Options
    I can't imagine frying any sort of pizza base... it wouldn't be very, well pizza-ey.

Hotter oven maybe?
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have done this and LOVED it. I made my hubby a whole wheat crust at the same time and he liked mine better! SCORE!
  • mammiehorn
    mammiehorn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Can you share the recipe please. Sounds like a great idea.
  • Huisman81
    Huisman81 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just made this for my family on the weekend. Surprisingly my husband went back for seconds which is a good sign. I too had the same problem, didn't get crispy and was my only complaint. I like the idea of giving it a quick fry in a skillet, it just might work.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Skillet worked, and I am going to try to preheat my pizza pan next time.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    I have never heard of this but willing to give it a try.
  • jojigirl
    jojigirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will try it.

As for the recipe, there are tons of them online and even in this forum. Just search for it or google it :)
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    The recipe I used was good, but my cauliflower crust was stuck to my baking pan. Next time I will bake the crust on wax paper!