I did it! NO more BP meds

Options

Replies

• jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congrats,that is a major accomplishment!
  • itsjilly
    Options
    AWesome Job!! i have one more Dr appointment until I get pulled off my BP pills!! That was the moment for me to get my health under control....
    Options
    Congrats, it is a huge accomplishment. I'm trying to get my BP to stay down myself.
  • nabak147112
    nabak147112 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    that is wonderful news..keep up the great work. congrats
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That was one of my goals too, when I started this.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I am down to 205 from 276, but still not there with the BP meds. I am hoping!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I know the feeling. i was recently taken off my BP meds completely and i am currently being weaned off my heartburn meds as well. Next, they will try to take me off my beta blocker and finally my anti-diabetic drugs. i aim to be off all but vitamins and suppliments by my birthday in April!
  • Dukowitz
    Options
    Way to go Penny!!! :)
    I'd have to concur with omitting processed foods and fast foods. I'm not totally vegetarian but pretty biased in that direction. I mainly get my veggies through juicing. More and more I'm viewing fruits, vegetables and exercise as my medicines. Certainly not as easy as popping a pill but definitely a lot fewer side effects :)
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Thats a major NSV....way to go!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful!! That's got to be the sweetest victory of this whole thing :D
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!!!!!
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Super good news! You WILL need to share a photo of that wedding dress :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Congrat..... this is all it is about
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What an inspiration.
  • tbellamy1
    Options
    Im trying to help my boyfriend to lose weight and get off of his. He constantly has dizzy spells and gets sick in the middle of the night. He wants to just stop taking them but I have worked in dialysis for 9 years and know first hand what unmanaged high blood pressure can do. Im really hoping he is in that 10%
  • JigglyPuff2011
    JigglyPuff2011 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This is fantastic.. congrats
  • tytbody
    Options
    :happy: I think I'll make that a goal of mine. I have to go to the doc in a few weeks and I wonder when do they let you come off this mess. Mine isn't really HBP pills just a water pilll. Heck, I can drink enough water and go without being forced to go potty. But for you, one less pill so cool. and an upcoming wedding is more exciting. i love it. Don't stress and put all that weight back on. when is the Glorious day? :happy:
  • Copper_Fox
    Copper_Fox Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Congratulations!!
  • mara6191
    mara6191 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    congrats!! ~ well done!:bigsmile:
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!