200g carbs bad?

Options
I go over my carbs almost daily. my goal is supposed to be 165, but I always end up around 180-200, is this bad ? Will it slow my weightloss? But I do still stay at my daily calorie allowance.

Replies

• katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Im no expert, but that doesn't seem like you're going too much over your daily allowance. But if you're doing this daily, it could have an effect on your weight? I think it depends on the person though, i find the more i cut back on carbs, the more weight i lose.
  • elianexox
    elianexox Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bump. I'm also allowed 165g and I always go over...
  • ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is: how do you feel?

I don't think carbs are bad. I don't get the bad rap they have right now (and yes, I understand both ketosis and normal metabolism quite well). Every body is different, and it should never be about losing weight as fast as possible. If you FEEL healthy and you are seeing progress, it won't hurt you. Don't stress about it. 165g really is not a lot at all, especially when you consider how much of that is fiber and not contributing very much to calories. There is no reason why you should limit yourself to 40% calories from carbs, 50% calories from carbs, etc unless you feel like *kitten* when you eat a certain amount.

My suggestion is this: cut down carbs a little bit. Maybe if you get 200 now try to cut down to 190 (not terribly difficult) and see if you feel any better or any worse.
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The type of carbs making up that 35g difference matters. It's not really that much over, but the source of the carbs could slow weight loss. Could it be solved by portion control? Maybe increasing your fat intake so you are full without the need for so many carbs?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Is it keeping you from getting in adequate amounts of protein and fats? Then maybe cut back a little, assuming you have no intolerances or medical conditions that would require you to limit carbs, then 200g sounds fine
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would think whether it is good or bad would depend on what percent that is of your total calories and what type of carbs you are eating. It's generally not a good idea to eat so many carbs that you don't get enough protein, fat, micronutrients or fiber.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    As long as you stick to an even number or multiple of 5 you're fine. Odd-non-penta-divisibile carb counts give you the beetus. It's science.
  • AlexPlam97
    AlexPlam97 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add in more green veggies like brocolli and green beans :) you literally can eat as much as you want and not worry:) they'll keep you full and feeling good:)
    Also you could increase cardio a little so you're able to eat a little more the same calorie deficit
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Where are the carbs coming from? Whole grains/whole foods- I wouldn't worry about it. White bread, white rice, sugar- I'd work on changing it.

And if seeing them show up red bothers you, go in to your goals and set them at a higher percent, and adjust your protein and fat.

Currently, my goals are 60 cars, 20 fat, 20 protein, or 236 g carbs, 35 g fat, 79 g protein. Total calorie goal before exercise is 1570.