any college students out there?

Options

Replies

• kellyo15
    Options
    I'm a poor newlywed Canadian university student in my second year of vet med :) Budgeted grocery lists suck! haha
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Full time work. Part time undergrad w/labs. Bring it on. :)
  • PeaceInMySoul
    Options
    Yes! Last year of grad school. I'm in a professional program (occupational therapy)... it's been tough to eat right with the schedule, and I've definitely been a slacker with exercise. Things are going to be a little more regular for me now that I basically have 9-5 clinical hours, so I hope that will make it easier to stick to the plan. And if it doesn't... willpower.

Feel free to add me. I'm brand new to the site, just joined a week ago.
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    Bio major... my life is studying + work + classes... feel free to add me!
  • charlybeee
    Options
    Im finding it very hard eating healthy on a budget. I'm a second year living in a flat with 6 people trying to lose 11 pounds, feel free to add me :)
  • lalacheetah
    lalacheetah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    new to myfitnesspal after switching from livestrong's myplate :) audio engineer student, vintage furnishing reseller, and i love love love to run :) i have lost 35 lbs this past year and want to lose the last 20-30!
  • whoaeyekneex3
    Options
    add me too!!! i balance working out, working part-time, going to school full-time, and cooking my own meals. would love support :D
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    College student from Minnesota....
    Have to make the best of what our dining building offers, since I have a meal plan. At least most of the time there is a wide variety so one isn't stuck with the junk like pizza or cheeseburgers all the time....
    Pretty much have no life outside of homework, classes, and club activities....
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student here in good ole' Iowa. :) And I'm going to be a college student for way too much longer... dang me and my big dreams of having a graduate degree. Psychology major focusing in Counseling of adolescents to young adults.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • eli_802
    Options
    3rd year as an undergrad. i'm right there with you :) feel free to add me!
  • Fatlorenzo
    Fatlorenzo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hopefully will be a third year university student when I receive my results. I have 2 stone, or 28 lb to lose. Hope to get that is about 2 months. What do you all think?
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I feel everyone's pain! I'm in my second year of graduate school and have struggled with my weight ever since I started college 6 years ago. Feel free to add me and we can trade tricks/ideas for everything. To help with my budget, I've taken up couponing. Not like the extreme couponers on TV though :)
  • MrKLM
    MrKLM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    graduated in June. Finding it actually harder now than it was my senior year to be active.
  • SaraRhiannon421
    SaraRhiannon421 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am in my second year of college in Massachusetts... Feel free to add me anyone :)
  • sue5797
    Options
    I'm from Oklahoma and this is my last semester of college. I have Senioritis very bad. I must admit that it is hard to keep with life and exercise and class. However, it's possible. My goal is to lose 10lbs by December for my graduation. It will be very hard but I would like to try it and that is my motivation to keep going!

Also, here's a quote that helped me balance everything out:

Exercising for one hour daily is only 4% of your day.

4% that isn't much, right? I am going to MAKE time.
  • sanchezpena4
    Options
    Hey !! I got fat in college too!! It's so hard eating on campus because at my school you can only purchase meals !!
  • dkj102
    Options
    WIU in Illinois. Been over weight my whole life. Just sick of it! This year I've been determined to change it!
  • laurencohen
    Options
    Sophomore at WashU in St. Louis. My roommate and I motivate each other to go to the gym in the morning before class and sometimes exercise classes at the gym if they fit into our schedule. I've been diligent about tracking my food on MFP and just got a fitbit. We make sure not to keep any "bad" food in the room so it really is an effort to get something unhealthy. I stick to a plain greek yogurt and some fruit every morning. Try to drink a few camelbacks of water a day. Salad or sushi or subway for lunch. A variety of usually healthy options for dinner. Just forcing myself to stay away from the fried stuff. I'm just starting out but off to a pretty good start. Just have to stay motivated, change will happen!
  • yecatsmn
    yecatsmn Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yup, just coming out of an 8 year college life.
  • Jessadore
    Jessadore Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Freshman in college here! Feel free to add!