Here is the issue tonight..

13»

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    If it has only been going on for a day or two, it sounds very much like a stomach virus. That's how I get them...knock on wood I have not puked since I stopped drinking 12 yrs ago lol. But see your doc, sooner rather than later and if you can't wait for the appointment, go to the ER!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    bump- interested to hear the official DX.

Good luck with your appointment! Take care~~
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Don't be scared, but unless you are seeing a gastroenterologist, you will be referred to one if this is chronic. They will likely prescribe that you get scoped. That means a GI scope and possibly a colonoscopy. You will be sedated and they will send a camera down your espophagus and up your colon to see if there are any issues. They will look for things like polyps and ulcers, etc. It could be a variety of things such a diverticulitus or Crohn's. Best thing to do is see the gastro ASAP.

I had stomach issues after knee surgery and they lasted for over a year. The stomach takes a long time to heal. I couldn't eat anything spicy for a long time. I recovered slowly but ate a very bland diet during that time.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    i have had this problem, i but all i needed to do was poo realy realy bad, try some phillips milk o' magneeza see if that helps. also see your doctor and not the interwebs
  • melanscr
    melanscr Posts: 4 Member
    Before you get completely freaked I would take a nice deep breath and relax. It does sound like your symptoms warrant a doc visit. If the food is bugging, try to go very bland- ie remove all fiber and try very small foods (white toast, apple sauce, chicken soup, etc), perhaps even a nutritional supplement like boost or something to get something in your system. It could definitely be a number of things, perhaps serious perhaps not. Not having regular bowel movements can also be due to a number of different things. I see many people who are not regular (I'm a dietitian) and it is due to many different reasons. Give you bowel rest and go with what you can tolerate until you get checked out. Keep your fluids up and try the liquid supplements if solid food is not working. If the supplements bother you and cause pain, try to withhold food and hit the hospital.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    I would go to an urgent care center.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Call you doctor and tell him/her you can't eat and need to see them tomorrow. Really. It could be nothing it could be serious. But if you can't eat it IS serious.
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    First thing, GO TO THE DOCTOR! No one on MFP can diagnose your problems without seeing you.

On another note, try looking up signs and symptoms of gall bladder disease (cholecystitis). It's fairly common (especially in women) to have gall stones after losing a lot of weight. It's also an easy surgical fix with minimal recovery time.

Good luck.
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    I thought you posted something similar to this and had many responses only the other night.
    ^^ Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this....makes me kind of skeptical. Of course if this is a serious issue I wish the best, but to post it twice within a week seems a little sketchy...