Ladies who've lost weight: question about your ta-ta's

Options
Ok so I have a legit curiosity. If you've lost a good amount of weight, has your bra size gotten smaller? If so, by how much? I've lost 20ish lbs and I haven't seen a change YET. I was hoping to hear from someone who may have not gotten that much smaller? Yes, I've accepted that they will shrink some and no, I'm not a perv, lol.

Replies

• rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I have lost 94lbs and I went from a 50DDD to a 46DD.
  • chrlslove7
    chrlslove7 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So you went from big, to still big:tongue: . Congrats on your weight loss! Thx for replying.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    If they were big before you gained they will still be big when you lose. I've been a 36dd since 6th grade and have not been overweight too much of life at all.
  • ksyp92
    ksyp92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i still wear the same bra size for the most part but i can definitely tell they have shrunk :( why cant the parts i actually want to go away disappear instead of my boobs!
  • shenanigansmo
    shenanigansmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I think there have been a couple threads on this already. But I think the answer is yes, most people's bra size will go down. Think about it, the number part of your bra size is the measurement around your body under your ta-ta's. If you lost back fat and upper belly fat, that measurement will go down, and thus the number portion of your bra size. The cup size is also relevant to the number size. For instance a 32 C is a much smaller cup than say a 40 C.

I've lost 16lbs and have noticed that I have to fasten my bras on the tightest clips instead of the loosest ones (yay for losing back fat!), but I haven't gained much more room in the cup. We'll see in another 15 lbs.
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I went from a 40D to a 38C. I much prefer them as a C.
  • topshopperwantabe
    topshopperwantabe Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So far, I moved to the next row of hooks, it seems a little roomy in the cups but not enough to purchase new ones. Unsupported, the girls head south.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost any *yet* thankfully but I wasn't too overweight (this is me judging my loss from before I started MFP which is a total of 25lbs). If I did lose any.. I'd have nothing left. I'd have to draw them on.:laugh:
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    before i gained weight, i was a 36A and now im a 38B and i'm still that size even though i've lost 20lbs too. but i imagine i will go back down to my normal size.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I started at 131 and am at 121 now and wanting to get to 105. If the 10lbs I've lost I lost an inch in my chest measurement, but went from a D to a DD....Don't know how that works.....But whatever ha. I'm not too worried about losing anything up there.
  • suzesymon
    suzesymon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30kgs and dropped a cup size from a GG to a G, but also from a 44 to a 38 in the body
  • whatwouldmulderdo
    Options
    I have lost 70 lbs so far and went from a 42 B to a 36 D.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Lost almost 100 and the girls have gone from 40DD to 34D
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I started out around 215 pounds and slightly more than a D cup. I got down to 185ish and went back to being a C and now at 160 I'm still a C. I was a C when I was 140ish before, so I'm hopefully done losing fat there :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Bigger cup and smaller straps.
  • Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    I went from a 12DD to a 10D - so still a good size for my figure. Bugger having to buy new bras though - those things are expensive@!!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yep, shrunk up!! lol went from a 36c to a 34b. ive lost 39 lbs btw
  • shellybean73
    shellybean73 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 26 lbs and i swear it was all outta my ta-tas :sad:
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I went from spilling out of a 36 DD to fitting comfortably in a 34 DD.

Enough that it was a noticeable loss, but I don't look flat, I'm still proportioned the way I was before, just a smaller hourglass :)
  • wannadance
    Options
    I've lost 47lbs / 21kgs and only recently noticed a change (took me til I'd lost around mid to late 30 lbs).. I've dropped from an 18C down to a 16C (Aus sizes) as i couldn't find an 18B cup size without forking out a heap of money. Early days in them i was using an extender for the extra width but am on the tightest hook on those now too.. it does happen, but can be a little while before you notice it..