Opinions - how many calories in this wrap? Kinda urgent..

Options
Hi all!

So for the past three weeks i've been eating the healthiest option for lunch in my university cafe - a chicken/salad wrap. BUT I seriously don't know how many calories are in it, and I need your help.

I've been putting this wrap in my food diary as an estimated '500' calories, but I don't know if i'm overestimating or underestimating. I'm worried I could be under eating or OVER eating!! I put it on the higher side '500 calories' because it fills me up a lot, and its quite big!

This wrap consists of:

- 1 normal sized tortilla white wrap
- 1/3rd of the wrap consists of chicken breast
- 2/3rds of the wrap consists of shredded lettuce and carrot
- There is NO butter/sauce or anything added.

It's doing my head in, what do you guys think?? Sorry if I'm being ridiculous, i'm new at all this! Thanks!

Replies

• Flafster
    Flafster Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Why don't you just put in the individual components?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The MFP recipe tool is great for things like this - just add each of the ingredients (estimate how much chicken breast, that's where I find the "cups" servings useful because it's visual), tell it "1 serving" and it will be there in your recipe list, ready for you to add every day.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    The wrap itself could be around 200-220 cals. The chicken is about 1.1 cals/gram and the salad I'd say about 30ish so I think 500cals would be either on the money or a little over. anywhere between 50-100 cals over but it's better to be safe than sorry!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I think you're overestimating it a little, but as the others have said just put the ingredients in as a best guess and you'll be fine.

Please remember that whilst it is important to log our foods and understand their calorie content etc, you can not let it rule your life to the point that it becomes too hard. That is a recipe for failure.

Finally, it sounds a little plain to me, I'd add in some avocado :laugh:
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    your wrap will be around 100 calories
    half a chicken breast (grilled no skin) 170
    salad mixed leaves 10 to 15
    carrots is about 10 to 20

so roughly 300 calories
    Took me about a minute to check... It's not rocket science.
  • questiontheanswers
    Options
    I think your estimate is probably a little high (which is a good thing, I'd rather overestimate than under), but how the chicken is cooked would make a difference. My best guess would be 140 for the tortilla, roughly 200 for the chicken, and 30ish for the carrots/salad, so that's 400. I would say err on the side of caution and log it for between 450-500.