Women - what's your calorie goal?

Options

Replies

• eleanorepearl
    Options
    My goal is set at 1500 cal daily. 1200 is too little and anything above 1500 I feel won't help me change so I thought it was a good starting point. Sometimes it's hard to eat that much, I'm usually way under or way over.
  • msjessielynn
    msjessielynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1260. And I mostly dont eat my exercise calories. I did yesterday, which i actually feel bad about.

Im 5' 3" and am working to lose 55 lbs
  • missjojo76
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5' 7" and I have 1200 calories per day, working well so far :-)
  • ebony__
    ebony__ Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200
    But I struggle with consistency
    Yesterday I ate 300
    Today I ate 1400 ( admittably I feel very full and it hurts to move haha)
    I'm hoping that since it averages out over the week it'll be ok?
    I'm losing about 1 lb or a bit less a week but I wish I could lose more.
    Mfp says at 1200 I should lose 1.5 lbs a week but even when I am consistent I never lose that much
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Mine is 1450 and I'm not eating back on purpose. Just if I'm hungry I will eat a little bit more tgan usual. I have anyway the advantage of having dinner or lunch (Saturday) 40-45 minutes after the workout so is just a richer meal. I'm 166 cm tall.
    My doc suggested me a diet of about 1300 kcal. But I was really hungry especially being on a balanced diet no on low carb.
    Edited to add: I train 3-4 times a week, krav maga lessons for at least one hour and a half. I should add some in between strength training to avoid loosing any lean mass.
  • TrekkieChic
    TrekkieChic Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" at 134lbs, my goal is 1700. I don't get to exercise much, I have a moderately active job and college life. :)
    & After too long at 1200 and not losing, I get amazing results at 1700! (And more energy!)

YAY! One more person who EATS!

I'm 5', 201lb (154cm/91.2kg) and my goal is 1700. I EAT!!!

I started off on 1200 and lost nearly 20lb but then weight loss stalled. I increased my workouts to twice a day, it made no change except to make me cranky at morning workouts. Ooops. So I increased my calories to 1700. I work out twice a day (cardio in the morning, weights in the afternoon), I eat like a pig and I'm still losing consistently.

Best decision I've made since joining MFP was to increase my calories!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I am 211lbs and 5ft 4in. I was eating 1200 plus exercise calories and although losing I found it hard. I changed my settings to lose 1.5lbs instead of 2lbs and now eat 1330 and only eat exercise calories if I am hungry. Am losing at same pace as when eating 1200 and it's nice having a few extra calories to play with :)
  • ScarlettDam
    ScarlettDam Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi, my calorie goal is and has been all summer 1200. I've lost 44lbs or 20kg since June 2012 when I started MFP.
    I eat mostly salads and vegetable, less than 5oz or meat a day, avoid all processed foods and all white foods (bread, pasta & rice) I NEVER use sugar or eat junk food, sweets or deserts. I also keep my cheese/oil and over all fats to under 2oz a day and no butter or salt. When I eat out I always order a salad with extra lettuce and the dressing on the side and only eat 2-3 oz of the meat that comes with the salad. I walk outside 40 min or inside on the treadmill 20 min each day and I lift weights to build mussel and tone my body. ( I don't want to bulk-up but I do want lots of energy a tight body and strength. For years I've suffered from sever heck and pack pain often to the point to no movement. However since I started building mussel all my back and neck problems have gone away and I am more confident in my daily movements (ie. lifting and twisting)

I am 32 years old,
    Height: 5'3"
    Starting Weight was: 189lbs
    Current Weight is: 144lbs
    Goal Weight is: 120lbs

Scarlett
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my daily calories are 1900. I'm currently 163lbs and I'm looking to get to around 132lbs, though that number isn't set in stone. I do krav maga training twice a week, and body weight training 3 times a week. I don't eat my exercise calories back unless it drops my net a lot below BMR, so it works out at about 1700 net per day. I've not put any food off-limits as long as it fits in my calories, and I don't beat myself up if I go a bit over one day. I try to eat healthily as much as possible, but I do have off days. Admittedly I'm not losing weight every week, but I'm feeling better, looking better and dropping dress sizes, which is way more important to me.
  • jenneal89
    Options
    Before exercise my goal is 1500. I'm 5'6" (basically) and 119lbs. I'm getting results. Doing p90x 6 days per week. Calculate your TDEE and then go from there :)
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7 and weigh 200lbs I'm on 1600 calories a day and eat back exercise calories if I can. So I'm usually at 1800-2000 a day. I am losing but slowly. But I have Hypothyroid also so I think that slows it down.

I don't believe in eating 1200 calories a day because its not realistic in the long term. Also eating 300 calories a day will do your body no favours!

As someone else said look at your TDEE (Total daily energy expenditure) and go from there. You will be surprised at how many calories you can eat!
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    5'10 - 1200cal and I exercise and eat back none of them

I have actually lost weight for the first time in 8 months! Anything more than this and I gain weight or stay the same :)
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    My daily goal is 1400 kcal's before excercise, most days I excercise enough to get another 200-250 kcal's worth of snacks into my meal plan. I'm 1.65 m.
  • keepersmom8
    Options
    My goal is 1200, I'm usually between 1100 and 1200, which I don't struggle with at all. I rarely eat back exercise calories. I'm 5'5" and have lost just over 40 pounds since early April. It's working well for me.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hey girls,
    Whats your daily calorie goal?
    Are you having success?
    How tall are you ?
    :)

MFP tells me to eat 1510 a day I think and I usually eat between 1300 and 1400. I was eating 1200 but since I upped it a bit I have had more success and have been losing about 1lb a week. I go by measurments more though and my jeans are falling down! I don't eat back exercise calories and work out 4 or 5 times a week, plus I'm active all the time as I have 2 young children. Since I never even hit 1500 calories, I couldn't manage the exercise calories too!

I'm 5 foot 6.
  • pinkun
    Options
    My calorie goal lies on 1200 without exercise. I am 1.7 m tall. And yes, success indeed.

Having same goal with u, 1200 without exercise. Trying to stop eating too much as before and this is tough. Come on myself, lets fighting >"<
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Around 1500-1600 without exercise and around 2000 with (most days). I don't log my exercise and food any more (have been maintaining for a year) but know roughly the amount.
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 140 pounds

I've set my cals to 1400 a day I exercise during the week but save my exercise cals to eat at the weekend where I usually eat about 2500 a day or more with booze and eating out :P I sometimes go over by about 200 cals during the week but am usually fairly good, I probably net on average 1700/1800 cals a day if you take into account exercise and weekend naughtiness add it all up and divide it by 7. I lose about half a pound a week.

I call it the weekday diet lol (prob not the best and most consistent way but it's just what fits in with my lifestyle, I want to lose weight but I don't want it dictating my social life, not everyones cuppa tea but works for me)
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" and I usually eat all of my 2100 calories. I am losing slow and steady so I see no reason to not eat. I've done the eat little to be little and it doesn't work for me.
  • virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine is 1200 cals a day and I'm 5ft 3". It's really working for me !