What does everyone put in their coffee?

Options
I have tried so many times & just don't enjoy black coffee. So for those of you who are like me, what do you add to make it tasty & something to look forward to? I'm trying to ween myself off the calorie packed flavored creamers that I have always enjoyed.

Replies

• Cassandrat83
    Options
    Not sure what creamers are exactly, but we just use milk and either raw sugar or artificial sweetner
  • nicolemariemclovin
    Options
    i can't do black coffee either. I add sweetener and 1% milk, or if I really wanna get fancy, sometimes I buy the sugar free creamers and add a bit of that. I know aspartame is evil (or many on here claim it is), but I think it's better than loading my coffee with sugar.

Sidenote - you are beautiful! No homo lol.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I used to use coffee mate flavored creamer. I love that stuff and will continue to use it. But lately I've been using 1 scoop of whey, 1 cup of milk, shake it up, use that as creamer for about 3-4 large cups of coffee.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    milk?
  • Ms_Steel
    Options
    black 2 splenda...didnt think i would like it, but i do!
  • DevonW32
    DevonW32 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I sometimes use the powdered coffee creamer it like 10 cal per tsp
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    splenda and a bit of unsweetened almond milk
  • Capt_Chev
    Capt_Chev Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Baileys!!
  • NINtoTheVoid
    Options
    nJoy non-dairy creamer that you can get at Sam's Club is about 10 calories a serving :) Not bad
  • RobinShay
    RobinShay Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Powder creamer
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Semi skimmed milk.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    2 teaspoons of sugar(not sugar substitute, real sugar) and 2 teaspoons of non dairy creamer
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, but I used to add half a tsp of honey or some milk!
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    For coffee, we purchase (in bulk) New England Coffee out of Malden, MA... We absolutely love the Hazelnut Creme, French Vanilla, Chocolate Raspberry, Chocolate Cappucchino, Banana's Foster, Kahlua, Mocha Mint....

I only add light cream to my coffee. The flavored coffees have enough sweet to curb the need for sugar...

I also use those coffees for making spice rubs too!!!! SOOOOO good!
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    A little half and half.

Also, are you drinking GOOD coffee? I'm sure some would say I'm a coffee snob, but if you're not buying freshly roasted beans from a local roaster and grinding your own, you aren't drinking fresh coffee. Trust me, there is a huge difference :)
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to be totally addicted to flavored creamers, then half & half. I now drink only one Truvia in my coffee. It IS POSSIBLE to break the addiction! You just have to stick with it long enough and realize how crappy the creamers are for you, all the calories you save and also how much better you feel without them. Over time, you do get used to coffee black. Use a sweetener with it.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to replace the flavored creamers, try the sugar-free coffee syrups. Torani and Archer Farms (Target) make a wide range of flavors. You can use those for lots of other things as well.
  • likeswhiskey
    Options
    Ghee or coconut oil or black, but ghee is my favourite.
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't drink coffee but I do drink a barley drink - Pero. I use sugar or splenda and powdered creamer.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    A lil fat-free half-n-half and 1 Splenda in a 20 ounce mug!