Tell me about your favourite holiday

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
I went to Egypt earlier this year and then to Cairo...it was fantastic seeing the pyramids.

So much so we're going back next year.
Tell us about your best holiday and why?

Replies

• Bellini500
    Bellini500 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've just come back from my best ever holiday - a three week trip across the USA. Started in New York City and ended up in Los Angeles. It was beyond wonderful - what a fabulous country. We visited 17 of the states and now I have an ambition to visit all the rest!
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    visiting camp nou in barcelona!!...felt like magic!!....damn still gives me goosebumps! lol!

Am a football <soccer> die hard fan!! and of course my favorite team is FC Barcelona :)
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Valentines day...you pay for it, but it's always worth it ;)

Oh...vacation...in that case our honeymoon to Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone. Just beautiful and peaceful (cept parts of Yellowstone on the peaceful thing).
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if you mean holiday as in Holiday, or holiday as in vacation.

But I'm going to go with what I think, and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. YUM.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Furteventura, with two other couples, a private villa, pool, sun terrace. Great banter
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    vacation-New York!
    holiday-Halloween
  • mamakira
    Options
    Planning on going to Lappland/Sweden in winter. I want to go on the dogsledge, snowscooter and I want to see the Northern lights.
    Skiing in Norhtern Italy was cool, did it some times.
    Next summer it will probably be Scotland (again), hiking in the Highlands.
  • sarahcuddle
    sarahcuddle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Whistle-stop tour of Canada. Visited Montreal, Toronto and Niagra falls, The Rockies and Vancouver. Would love to go back, especially the Rockies and Vancouver
  • Matt_1972
    Matt_1972 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Mexican Riviera 2 years ago with my wife. We stayed in a 1 horse town for 2 weeks and just loved the atmosphere, culture, food and amazing people. It was my second trip to Mexico and my wife's first. We had another week or so in Merida and Mexico City and cant wait to get back there one day.
  • Chrissie572
    Chrissie572 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Driving from Buffalo (New York) to Chicago - via Toronto (oh, and we got married in Niagara while we were passing through)
  • Tara1B
    Options
    I went to Egypt earlier this year and then to Cairo...it was fantastic seeing the pyramids.

So much so we're going back next year.
    Tell us about your best holiday and why?

We went to Egypt last year to visit friends who are living in Cairo for a couple years. It was fantastic! They took us to a place called Moonbeach (on the road between Suez and Sharm) which was so relaxing.

I loved every minute of our honeymoon in Sri Lanka and also an adventure trip we took to Morocco a couple of years back too. I really want to visit Istanbul soon.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have had two great vacations in the last couple of years....

The first one was in Punta Cana in 2010. It was amazing! I went there for a wedding with a group of 50 people... It was a party the entire time, and nothing but sunshine. It only rained one day for about 15mins....

My next favorite trip was just this past July... We went to Las Vegas for our wedding and we had about 13 people with us... It was a non-stop party too. We went and saw the Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam....so much fun and so beautiful! Actually I could really picture myself living in Nevada or Arizona....I loved it that much!
  • New York. Any time I go to New York, it's perfect.

The last time I went, though, was probably my favourite. It was my third time, so we didn't really do any touristy things, because we had done them all. Wandering through Times Square, we ran into John Lithgow and then that night we saw Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp do a concert together, and the next day, we had a gorgeous day in Central Park and did some shopping and we saw Peter and the Starcatcher on Broadway and I finally met the love of my life, Adam Chanler-Berat, and the day after that was Peter and the Starcatcher's official opening night and we went to observe all of the celebrities and it was awesome, and we played I-Spy in Times Square and we didn't sleep at all and we went to Battery Park to watch the sun rise over the Statue of Liberty and then we had tickets to The View and Aziz Ansari was on and it was really really cool and it was just a really amazing few days.

I'm going back to New York next month, so let's see if it can live up to that trip!
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I love Spain, Barcalona and surrounding areas been going for nealy 10 years, I also love skiing in Austria when I was a kid.

I want to try somewhere really different next like USA or Sweden .
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm from Dublin, Ireland and my best ever holiday was to Detroit (seriously) in 2008 with my fiance. I brought him as a surprise present for his 21st birthday as he loved the Detroit Redwings and Pistons. I told the hotel we were on our honeymoon and we got bumped up and champagne in our room as a congrats :wink:
    The hotel was right on the banks of the river and From our hotel room you could see on the other side of the river was Canada (Windsor) which was really cool, to be in one country and to be able to see another country from your window :)

It's an amazing city and it sucks that it has a bad rep..